California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos
  Re: (...)
Carnivore that I am, this just sounds so tasty!!!

[Image: B4ED8143-3F69-4978-AC1805F0588603B1_land...oeh4vr.jpg]

TACOS - CAULIFLOWER - California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by cjs (Carnivore that I am,...)
That looks and sounds amazing! I'd make it. I wonder what the walnuts add to the flavors? Wouldn't it be just as good without them?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by Gourmet_Mom (That looks and sound...)
No.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by cjs (No. [img]/ubbthread...)
Even though I'm sure that the tacos would be delicious, I just can't eat walnuts. I grew up in the middle of an old walnut orchard and had to de-husk and shell waaaayyyyy too many wormy walnuts. The flavor really turns me off.

Do you think it would work with pecans?
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by karyn (Even though I'm sure...)
sure - probably any kind of nut would work.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by cjs (sure - probably any ...)
Karyn, I sure can relate to that! I will never forget the year that my parents went to visit my mom's Aunt Roma in Oklahoma. (How's that for a mouthful) Aunt Roma had a farm and they had several pecan trees. So, naturally my mom brought home a huge bagful and we were so excited to use them until we started cracking them! Turned me off for a while.

Jean, that recipe sounds delicious. Are you going to make it? Isn't it interesting how cauliflower has evolved much like tofu and used in so many different ways now?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by Mare749 (Karyn, I sure can re...)
Yes, as soon as I can work it in.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by Mare749 (Karyn, I sure can re...)
Quote:

Karyn, I sure can relate to that! I will never forget the year that my parents went to visit my mom's Aunt Roma in Oklahoma. (How's that for a mouthful) Aunt Roma had a farm and they had several pecan trees. So, naturally my mom brought home a huge bagful and we were so excited to use them until we started cracking them! Turned me off for a while.

Maryann, it's so nice to know that childhood nightmares don't respect timelines or regional preferences!! Haha!!
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had pecan trees. LOTS of pecan trees. I spent many a day picking up pecans. Luckily, my aversion didn't carry over for too long. LOL! The same was true for butter beans, peas and corn. My summer vacations were spent in a hot field or a hot kitchen.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos by Gourmet_Mom (We had pecan trees. ...)
Cutting apricots every summer (for school clothes) turned me off dried apricots because of smelling the sulphur houses everyday!!!! I can take them every once in a while, but not often.

Sure glad I didn't work with nuts!! (so to apeak)
www.achefsjourney.com