Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials
  Re: (...)
Played with a can of crescent dough I had and made a take off of a recipe I found on their site - Pillsbury.

Pillsbury recipe

My filling: (I only made 1 can)
1/4 cup mayo
2 1/2 oz. shredded cheese (I used cheddar & Kreme Kaese)
1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
1/2 roasted red bell pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
2-3 T. bacon jam
(I didn't have any green onions and I didn't want to use regular onion, so omitted, but I'll use them in the next batch)

Mixed it all up and spread on the base of crescent dough. Wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for 1 hour, then sliced and baked.
[Image: Jan%2014%20Cheesy%20Olive%20Bacon%20Spir...yx47ad.jpg]

Next time I'm going to use a pizza dough rolled very thin. Had a couple of these for our snack last night and they were so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials by cjs (Played with a can of...)
Those crescent rolls can be so versatile! Looks really yummy, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials by Gourmet_Mom (Those crescent rolls...)
These look really pretty and sound so tasty! I am going to have to make some of these. Maybe for superbowl!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials by luvnit (These look really pr...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Now these would be downright dangerous in my hands. I'm telling you, I have a big problem with breads.
  Re: Re: Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials by Trixxee (Now these would be d...)
I would love those, but Hubby doesn't do olives.

I have done the pinwheels with cheddar and bacon, though!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Appetizer Review - Olive-Bacon Sprials by BarbaraS (I would love those, ...)
these little devils are so versatile.
www.achefsjourney.com