Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread
  Re: (...)
Just looked at the calendar and within one week, we have 3 'holidays' or at least special days in our lives.

Sunday, Feb. 7 - Superbowl
Tuesday, Feb. 9 - Mardi Gras
Sunday, Feb 14 - Valentine's Day

and if we get technical - Monday, Feb. 8 - Chinese New Year

So, just think of all the fun dishes we can enjoy - guess the scales better go in the closet for a couple weeks, huh??

this year I'm only cooking for the two of us on Superbowl - have decided I miss too much of the game when we have company or even go to other's parties. So, no more.

(hope no one is giving up chocolate on Wednesday, the 10th! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by cjs (Just looked at the c...)
Give up chocolate? NEVER!

I'm anxious about the Super Bowl this year. I'm hoping our Panthers will make it! Jean, I'm sorry, but I will NOT be cheering on your Seahawks this weekend! GO PANTHERS!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by Gourmet_Mom (Give up chocolate? ...)
That's O.K., I just hate to see you back the losers it'll make for a depressing day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by cjs (That's O.K., I just ...)
We shall see this weekend! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by cjs (That's O.K., I just ...)
We celebrate all of those days, but Chinese New Year has become my new favorite ever since my dear old friend, Carol, moved back here from Minnesota with her husband, Tony, who was born in China. It's a lot of fun to try new food with him.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by Mare749 (We celebrate all of ...)
We don't celebrate any of them
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by DFen911 (We don't celebrate a...)
We don't do any of them either Denise! As a a matter of fact, we seem to buy cars on Superbowl Sunday. No one is at the dealer, they are willing to bargain. LOL.
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by Trixxee (We don't do any of t...)
Well, for me SuperBowl food won't be as fun this year - not one team still in the playoffs mean anything to me. But, I will persevere.

Mardi Gras is a good excuse to get out my journal and reread about the food we had the 3 months we were in that area.

Valentine's day is just a fun way to show my love for my hubby with decadence.

Finally Chinese New Year - a great impetus to do Asian, which I don't make often enough.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by cjs (Well, for me SuperBo...)
We never celebrated Mardi Gras until after going to New Orleans with Heather and James. It's fun to relive those memories once a year. Valentine's Day is all about making something special for Ron. (and a good excuse to buy some treats) Superbowl, well, for me, it's all about the food and the party.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Holidays - 3 for 1 Thread by Mare749 (We never celebrated ...)
I guess it's like folks who like to dress up once in a while - making special food is like that for me. Fun.
www.achefsjourney.com