Non-Stick Pan Suggestions?
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

Last time I did breakfast-for-dinner, my Calphalon non-stick pan gave up the ghost and wouldn't release my omelet when I went to fold it over. So I'm looking for a new 10" non-sick pan.

I get Chef's catalogs all the time and see these ceramic non-stick pans by Henckels. Does anyone have these and can give a review?? I also see these carbon steel non-stick chef's pans (no brand name) and wonder about those too.

Any help would be welcome.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Last...)
Barbara I'm glad you brought this up. My Calphalon pan went into the trash last week because it just became a nightmare to use. My most expensive pan couldn't stand up to some cheap-o's I had.
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by DFen911 (Barbara I'm glad you...)
Denise,

The people at Calphalon were really good to me in the past. In 2000 I bought the Commercial Non-Stick set. When my saute pans started going bad, I got them replaced for free as per the warranty. And this was about 12 years later. Then the frying pans went and got those replaced as well. Well, the saute replacements went and that's when I got the All Clad copper core pans.

What really bothers me is that I only use the frying pans for doing eggs. And yeah, I have a Tefal frying pan I've only used for eggs for 20+ years and it's still a champ! Go figure.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by BarbaraS (Denise,[br][br]The p...)
I buy the 3 pack of non stick pans from Costco. Tramontina is the name I think. $30 for 3 assorted sizes.
  Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Last...)
Cuisine at Home issue #61, page 26, has a great article on non-stick skillets. I use Anolon and it has never let me down when making an omelet, eggs, crepes etc.. and it's around 10 years old. I would be very interested in the ceramic pan though.
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by losblanos1 (Cuisine at Home issu...)
I have three ceramic pans by Green Pan from Sam's or Costco. They are okay, but not sure I would recommend them. Kind of funny, not always non-stick like they are suppose to be.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by Mare749 (I have three ceramic...)
I have 2 Calphalon - different sizes and 1 Farberware Millennium. For non-stick, love them all!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by Mare749 (I have three ceramic...)
Maryann,

Would it have to do with low or high heat?

Barbara
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by BarbaraS (Maryann,[br][br]Woul...)
I can't use them with high heat at all. The instructions that came with them said to never use higher than medium high, so I never do. In fact, it seems that the only way they work well is on medium to low heat.

The reason I hesitate to recommend them is because they can be tricky if you are trying to cook something like bacon which you can normally put into a cold pan, at least I always did. Well, with the ceramic pans we have to heat up the pan first or the bacon sticks and burns. Have never had that problem with my cast iron skillets.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Non-Stick Pan Suggestions? by Mare749 (I can't use them wit...)
I stay away from Teflon, but have been very happy with my Cuisinart Cuisinart Nonstick Hard-Anodized. I have the skillets in several sizes as well as a sauté pan and 5 qt DO for rice(which I probably won't use much now I have the Instant Pot).