Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I made a couple twice-baked potatoes yesterday, so we'll have one mid-day and then meet up with the motely crew at another bar for another night of solving all the world's problems....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Freezer diving - swedish meatballs and a green salad.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by Trixxee (Freezer diving - swe...)
I'm up in the air for now. Chuck roast is on sale, so I'm thinking the Beef Pot Pies from the current issue, but that depends on if my little grocery store has puff pastry. If not, it will probably be pot roast.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm up in the air fo...)
I was going to do the chicken tarragon dish that Blane did last week, but I think we're going with chicken parm and a side of spaghetti instead. Roasted veggies to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by Mare749 (I was going to do th...)
I've got chicken parm down for tomorrow.

Tonight I'm solo, so it's going to be a Cubano w/ tots.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by losblanos1 (I've got chicken par...)
Oh my these were so good!!
Twice Baked Potatoes with a twist – Instead of thinning the potatoes while mashing with milk, I used Noilly Pratt (my choice over using white wine) and what a hint of a difference in the overall flavor. Along with ham, Emanthaler, a hard-cooked egg laying around, and a drizzle of jalapeno syrup.

[Image: Jan%2019%20Twice%20Baked%20Tatoes_zpsfheiqpp9.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by cjs (Oh my these were so ...)
No puff pastry! Of course! They have had it. Like the cauliflower, things just disappear off the shelves!

So I went with the Chicken and Noodle Stew. I forgot about the fruit salad. Oops! We'll share an apple. I got the pastry sheets and cut each sheet into thirds. Seems to be working fine. Pictures and review later.

Actually, the change in the menu worked out. William has come home with a sore throat.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/19/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (No puff pastry! Of ...)
We're having Thai Green Curry tonight. The name alone really pushes John's boundaries, but I hope he'll like it!