Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Today's the day to play with the sous vide and my beautiful steak. I think I'll do Hasselback potatoes - not sure if I'll do Russets or Swt.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
William put a pork butt on this morning, so barbeque is on the menu today. I've got some cabbage that needs to be used, so I'll whip up some slaw soon so it can mellow out in the fridge until dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (William put a pork b...)
No snow Daphne?

Tonight is Carylann's company Christmas party at Salty's on Alki in Seattle, so we booked a hotel downtown. Dinner is going to be a prime rib buffet with coconut shrimp appetizers. Carylann is the event planner (and got a standing ovation at last years party). This year she hired The Beatniks, a local cover band that we've followed for years. Also, she's the one handing out drink tickets, two per person. I'll get four.
Yes, we're taking Uber to and from the hotel.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (William put a pork b...)
We have basketball games to attend today, so dinner will either be l/os or take-out.

Barbara and Lorraine, sure hope you two have lots of goodies in the freezer to get you by for the next few days! Stay safe! Daphne and Karyn, hope it's not too icy for you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by Mare749 (We have basketball g...)
Boy are you in for a tasty dinner Jean!

Hubby's having a potato and I snagged a sweet one for myself. Maybe do that hasselback style for me.

One and a half feet of snow and it's still going! All my bird feeders will be empty by this afternoon!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by BarbaraS (Boy are you in for a...)
Have a great time, Blane and Carylann!!! And, please don't attack your Uber driver - they're having a hell of a time lately!!

Stay warm Barbara and all of you back there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by cjs (Have a great time, B...)
Have fun, Blane and Carlyann! Sounds like a fun time!

William didn't go out on any major roads, but the icing predicted last night doesn't seem to have happened. Although, bridges and overpasses could be a little icy. We are having tiny snow showers, but nothing will likely come of it. But we won't be checking, just staying close to home today..

Stay safe, Barbara! Is it bad your way, too, Maryann?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by losblanos1 (No snow Daphne?[br][...)
Quote:

Also, she's the one handing out drink tickets, two per person. I'll get four.

It's always good to cozy up to the drink ticket handler. I'm sure with CA doing the planning the night will be a sure fire success.

I am making an old recipe I haven't made in years and every once in a while Alina mentions it and since boneless pork spareribs are on sale for $1.49/lb I figured it's time to do it again. Stir fried cabbage and steamed rice on the side.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...-cabbage-106422
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Trixxee, that's right up my alley! I've got that one copied and saved for the next time those country style boneless ribs go on sale! I hope it's soon!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, that's righ...)
You will like it Daphne! I am going to pay close attention today but I seem to remember the cooking time is longer than indicated to get the meat really tender.