VOT- Reaching Out To Friends
  Re: (...)
This Winter Storm is a Historic and Crippling Event. And I'm worried about my friends. I'm pretty sure that Maryann, Linda and hopefully, PJ are on the outskirts of this storm. But I'm worried about Lorrainne and Vicci. I've already reached out to Barbara in the dinner thread, but I will do so here again.

Maryann has already reached out that she is okay, but to know that the rest of you are okay would be much appreciated. Barbara was okay early today, but the worst of the storm had not moved in yet. So could you guys give a shout out that you are okay here? It would really ease my mind. This thing is HUGE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by Gourmet_Mom (This Winter Storm is...)
Yeah, guys, do keep us posted.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by labradors (Yeah, guys, do keep ...)
We haven't heard from Vicci for such a long time that I'm not sure she will see this. Hope everything is okay with her.

Lorraine was on facebook earlier today and said she was prepared and ready. I'm not surprised.

Pj, time to check in....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by Mare749 (We haven't heard fro...)
It has finally stopped snowing. Got another 4 inches overnight for a grand total of about 2 feet. We're okay. Just need to be careful with the digging out today.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by BarbaraS (It has finally stopp...)
I've been wanting to get in touch with Vicci for some time now. Maryann or Daphne -didn't one of you make a list of our contact info a while back when we thought there was a chance the forum was going to be shut down???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by cjs (I've been wanting to...)
Wasn't me. Maryann?

Good to know Lorraine and Gil are okay. Thanks, Maryann.

That is true, Barbara. Be sure to take care. Linda has been on my mind a lot during this storm. I still can't believe the horror her family faced, was it only last year?
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by Gourmet_Mom (Wasn't me. Maryann?...)
Daphne, you can IM Linda on facebook. I see her on there once in a while. Since Erie is only a 2 hour drive from me, she probably was not hit with the storm either.

Jean, I will send you Vicci's email.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by Mare749 (Daphne, you can IM L...)
Thanks Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by cjs (Thanks Maryann!...)
Didn't Vicci move from PA to DE when sh sold that historic and beautifully restored Farm House?

Hubby was the star today. He snowblowed for over 3 hours. Took care of the two widows that live next to us and one house over. Someone started clearing our sidewalk yesterday which is interesting. Anyone who has a snowblower on our block just does everywhere they can. It's pretty cool.

The Jacuzzi is going to be used well tonight!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: VOT- Reaching Out To Friends by BarbaraS (Didn't Vicci move fr...)
YAY, for hubby!
Daphne