Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16??
  Re: (...)
What's cookin' today for everyone??

Things go screwy yesterday, so we'll have our fajitas today.

I'm slowly trying to decide which kitchen 'toys' to keep and I brought my bread maker in yesterday and made a beautiful loaf of bread. I fed my sourdough yesterday also, so I'll do a loaf of that in the machine today and finally decided if it is worth keeping.

I just did the dough in the machine, didn't bake it, so not sure if I want to take a chance with this dough and bake it or not..............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by cjs (What's cookin' today...)
The Chicken Ramen Stir-Fry last weekend was so good, I'm craving it again. So that's dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (The Chicken Ramen St...)
Easy Monday night for me. A repeat of last night - bbq beef, slaw and creamed corn.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by Trixxee (Easy Monday night fo...)
We have to use up dibs and dabs of l/os, so it's a "tapas" night again at our house.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by Mare749 (We have to use up di...)
I'm thinking pecan crusted chicken salad, but we'll see.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by losblanos1 (I'm thinking pecan c...)
I love that salad! It's been a while since I made it...I may just have to do it again soon. THe crumbs are my favorite part.

Tonight we're having a beef stew that's cooking in my slow cooker. It' still really cold here, so it should be yummy.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by karyn (I love that salad! I...)
Speaking of stews, took today off because Hubby was so achy from yesterday so I made a liquor run for cooking. It's a PITA to do this during any weekday because this liquor store carries the brands I just can't find anywhere else. It's so frustrating.

Picked up some tawny Port,
Foris (Oregon) pino noir for Beef Bourguignon to make this weekend, cognac for the B.B., and the 1-cup little wine bottles I use for reductions.

We're having simple burgers to check out the fresh 80/20 ground beef I picked up last week.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by BarbaraS (Speaking of stews, t...)
I'm so loving this Ramen dish! I still love Blane's Chow Mien, but this is a quick and easy substitute when I'm craving a Chinese noodle dish. I made some adjustments including more marinade and veggies, and it was even better this time.

To be fair, I need to compare the two side by side, but I will be using ramen noodles for the chow mien next time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so loving this R...)
Where is the Chicken Ramen recipe??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/25/16?? by cjs (Where is the Chicken...)
I was wondering the same thing...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."