Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're having company and I'm serving Ribs, Chickpea, Lemon, & Rosemary pasta, garlic bread.....

Also, Thursday night will be another movie night with some friends (to see Martian) and I want to bring truffle popcorn. Dilemma is I don't want to make it there, so I'm going to make some this morning and try heating it later in the day to see if it will work.... Fingers crossed.

Has anyone ever heated cold popcorn??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Okay Jean---here we go again-----Monday's dinner was ribs with potato salad---WENDY'S favorite (or should I say ONE of her favorites )

Tonight will be a mushroom omelet with a salad---her choice again---choices make my life easier

Wendy and Henri (daughter and granddaughter for those who do not know) are here for a month YIPPEEEE and driving me around the moon---a ten month old sure leaves a lot of finger prints on glass and stainless steel .....but I can clean later and enjoying EVERY second!!! Henri is eating everything I have made---she does not like cucumbers or tomatoes---NO PROB Ouma (grandmother in Afrikaans) WHAT FUN!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by Roxanne 21 (Okay Jean---here we ...)
Enjoy them, Roxanne!

I am making a new recipe but am halving it. I don't need a 9x13 pan of it for sure. I'm finding that while I like the idea of leftovers for an easy night, I really don't enjoy leftovers. LOL.

http://noblepig.com/2013/01/mexican-bowtie-pasta-bake/
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by Trixxee (Enjoy them, Roxanne!...)
Have a great time, Roxanne!

Trixxee, do you have a food saver? I don't know how I ever managed without mine. Re-heating is a breeze in a pan of simmering water.

Today I'm doing something with pork chops but haven't decided on a recipe yet. Going to go through the Cuisine DVD.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by Mare749 (Have a great time, R...)
Oh Roxanne!!! How fun!! Fu(k the fingerprints - she is so much more important, right??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by cjs (Oh Roxanne!!! How fu...)
How wonderful for you, Roxanne!!!! Have a blast!

After Maryann mentioned meatball subs the other day, I couldn't get it out of my mind. So that is dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (How wonderful for yo...)
That is awesome Roxanne.

I ended up making chicken piccata last night, so tonight, if I have the energy, it will be the pecan crusted chicken salad. If not, pineapple spiced chicken or the bistro sandwich.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by losblanos1 (That is awesome Roxa...)
Change of plans. I wanted to wait until I could get some good crusty bread for my subs, so I've gone with a pot roast for tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/26/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Change of plans. I ...)
Enjoy your visitors, Roxanne!

Trixxee, that Mexican pasta bake sounds like delicious comfort food, but I totally get why you're halving the recipe. A 13x9 casserole can seem huge!

We're having chicken and goat cheese enchiladas tonight. I'm making a jicama slaw as a side.