Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having a muffaletta stromboli. I'm really looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by karyn (We're having a muffa...)
Bagels are on sale on Wednesdays, baker's dozen for $5.99. Thinking of picking up some and just having breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs and link sausage.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by karyn (We're having a muffa...)
Pecan crusted chicken salad or tandoori shrimp w/ pineapple chutney.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by losblanos1 (Pecan crusted chicke...)
Meatball subs, of course! Off to start rolling meatballs and simmer my marinara. I love doing this, because this gives us several meals with just one day's cooking! Happy, Happy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Meatball subs, of co...)
I took a big ol' ham bone out of the freezer that someone? gave me after the holidays. So today it's going to be Senate Bean Soup and corn bread. It makes a lot so will have containers for the parents, which they will be very happy about.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by Mare749 (I took a big ol' ham...)
Tony has now requested "Maryann" birthday burritos. Works for me!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by Trixxee (Tony has now request...)
Oh, we loved those! Do you remember the real name? I want to make them again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by Trixxee (Tony has now request...)
Jean, I need to thank you for coming to the rescue, again. The last time I made a big batch of meatballs, William informed me that this was another one of those things he didn't particularly care for. So, today, with the first meatball scooped up, ready to go, I thought of poor William and hesitated. That's where you came in. I remembered seeing you post that you sometimes make yours as flat squares. So I plopped the whole mess out on the pan, formed it into a rectangle, and used the edge of my hand to create the squares.

If you have a better method for making the squares, do share. Because I will probably be doing this again. When I showed William, he was very pleased.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner 1/27/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I need to than...)
That's great, Daphne! I just use my bench scraper to cut the squares - but whatever works. And, lately I've stopped baking them (when I know I'll be serving them in sauce ) and just cook them in the sauce, I think they are more tender.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com