Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today?

Movie night in the old neighborhood, so we'll be having all kinds of goodies. I didn't test the truffle popcorn yesterday, so hope I can today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
It's really rather springish here so making an appropriate meal - grilled mahi mahi for Tony and grilled salmon for me with a citrus compound butter, rice pilaf and TBD vegetable - hoping the asparagus looks good.
  Re: Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by Trixxee (It's really rather s...)
Shrimp cake club sandwiches----another Wendy favorite----YUMMMMM
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by Roxanne 21 (Shrimp cake club san...)
It must be nice to have someone you love to cook for. Making all her favorites must be so rewarding.

I'm doing Beer Can Chicken with sautéed cabbage and corn on the cob. I'm going to look at the burrito recipe again. If there is no special treatment of the chicken part of the recipe, I'll make two chickens and use the leftovers for the burritos tomorrow night. Andrew eats a lot, so it will definitely take two to make enough for both meals. LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (It must be nice to h...)
We're doing chicken with coconut rice. Easy, but I'm having a burrito craving. Oh well....
  Re: Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by karyn (We're doing chicken ...)
Soup and sammies tonight. Easy and light.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by BarbaraS (Soup and sammies ton...)
I had a change of plans. I looked at future cast and it was and did pour down rain at the time I needed to cook the chickens. Still raining, in fact. So I pulled some chili out of the freezer and added refried beans to my grocery list. I either had everything else or already had it on my list to do Taco Salad.

Now, thanks to Jean and Trixxee, I have dinner planned for the next four days! Thanks again you guys! I'm not sure which sandwich I'm looking forward to more! You KNOW I LOVE CATFISH, but a French Dip on THIS bread with the best roast beef availablele? YUM!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursdays' Dinner, 1/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had a change of pl...)
Another day where everything sounds so good.

Tonight it's chicken parmesan.