T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16???
  Re: (...)
what's on the menu today??

I'm slowly doling out my last pkgs. of Lab's Carapulcra, so we'll have one today with rice, eggs and olives. Love this dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by cjs (what's on the menu t...)
We're meeting up with some friends tonight, so probably bar food.

I cleaned out both of our refrigerators and freezers yesterday, so took the first step toward meal organization/planning instead of the half-a** way I usually cook. Also started two lists, one with meals I want to make, another with an actual shopping list.

We will see how long this lasts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by Mare749 (We're meeting up wit...)
I have so many post-its listing things I want to make - it's ridiculous!! But, I keep trying.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by cjs (I have so many post-...)
Have a good time, Maryann!

I know, I keep saying I'm going to make this and that, but I rarely do. So I'm trying to do better, too. With the new fridge, I'm working to make sure I keep it free of unused food that needs to be thrown out. So we are trying to repurpose or freeze excess. So far, so good. And I am also making a stab at better menu planning. That said, I've got the next few days planned out and most of it purchased.

So today, I will grill up two beer can chickens. Toward the end of the cook time, I will grill off some bacon to go with the leftover chicken for dinner on Sunday. Sides for today's dinner will be corn-on-the-cob and cabbage. I haven't decided on whether I'll steam it or sauté it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by Gourmet_Mom (Have a good time, Ma...)
I don't know if the meatballs I'm craving are going to get made this weekend so in anticipation of them NOT being made, I'm doing italian tonight. Blane's chicken parmesan looked so good that that is what we are having. With spaghetti.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by Trixxee (I don't know if the ...)
Daphne, you know what helps me keep track of leftovers (dibs & dabs and small pkgs.) in the freezer? I have a plastic container (~8"X12"X2" deep) that I put it all in. When it's full, I know I have to work with what's there. Works for me anyway.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by cjs (Daphne, you know wha...)
I have some pork simmering in the crockpot that will be chili verde. This house is gonna be smelling GREAT soon

Jean that's a great idea for the left overs!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by DFen911 (I have some pork sim...)
And, that is why I will never go full-time sous vide!!!!
"This house is gonna be smelling GREAT soon"

Denise, I used to find the most obnoxious looking pkgs. on the floor/back corner of a defrosting freezer!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by cjs (And, that is why I w...)
That is a good idea, Jean. Thanks for the tip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/29/16??? by Gourmet_Mom (That is a good idea,...)
That is a great tip, Jean. You should send that one in to the magazine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."