I'm out of Commission...
  Re: (...)
I’ll be out of commission for a while – I broke my hand last Tuesday and naturally it is my left hand…I’m left-handed! So, my life will be interesting for a while. I’ll be in the background around here, but for a while hopefully you all will carry on with the dinner threads and the conversations
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I'm out of Commission... by cjs (I’ll be out of commi...)
OH NO!!! That's terrible news! I hope you heal well and fast!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by BarbaraS (OH NO!!! That's ter...)
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jean, and hope that it won't take too long for the pain to ease up.

If you can stand it, another one of my klutzy stories...After turning 40, I stupidly let my daughters talk me into going skiing for the first time in my life. Getting off the lift was a sheet of ice and I fell face down and broke my right arm. (right handed)

Of course, I was younger at the time, but it was pretty darn amazing how good I got with my left hand. (and a lot of help from Ron) Feel better soon! We need you around here, so maybe Roy could type for you?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by Mare749 (I'm so sorry to hear...)
Uhhhhh, engineers are not the best spellers in the world. plus I type one finger faster

Are Gemini's just klutzier than most or is it you and me?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by cjs (Uhhhhh, engineers ar...)
I'm sorry to hear that Jean. You could always use the speaker on your phone to voice type. I just typed this reply that way.
  Re: I'm out of Commission... by cjs (I’ll be out of commi...)
I leave the country and everything goes to h*ll. Take care of her Roy. I know you will.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by Old Bay (I leave the country ...)
Lol Trixxee if you saw her phone you'd giggle

Jean that just sucks and I'm so sorry that it happened. How did it happen? Are they casting it for you? And I know Roy will be an absolute love and help you any way he can
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by DFen911 (Lol Trixxee if you s...)
15 year old flip phone? I love the voice typing/texting or whatever it is called.
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by DFen911 (Lol Trixxee if you s...)
I think it might be common with multi-taskers, Jean.

As bad as I feel for you, it's a bit of a relief that you didn't break your back or hip when you were doing those cartwheels in the kitchen...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm out of Commission... by Mare749 (I think it might be ...)
You all are crazy - no wonder there is so much love around here!!

Trixxee, see Denise's remark. Our phones are so old and cheap, it's a wonder they don't have dial.
www.achefsjourney.com