What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having on this last day of January?

We're having Chinese almond chicken, we can't get enough of this.
  Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by losblanos1 (What's everyone havi...)
Thanks for starting the dinner thread, Blane. I was on earlier and completely forgot!

We will be having french dip sandwiches today with the roast that Ron grilled yesterday. Have to use packaged gravy though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by losblanos1 (What's everyone havi...)
Doing that Potato-Crust Quiche with thick cut bacon on the side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by BarbaraS (Doing that Potato-Cr...)
Tony is making a meatloaf. Unless he doesn't want to go to the store in the pouring rain. I guess Plan B could be linguine with clams. Either works for me.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by Trixxee (Tony is making a mea...)
We are having fried catfish sandwiches with slaw on the side.

Maryann, I'm glad you posted about the French Dips. I was nervous I didn't have enough beef base to do the a jus for ours tomorrow night. When you mentioned packaged gravy, I remembered the little containers of concentrated beef broth I got to use in place of the Demi glacé for our Christmas dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by Gourmet_Mom (We are having fried ...)
catfish sandwiches - you know how to hurt a girl!!!

I had Roy bring home a lb. of deli roast beef, and I managed to whip up gravy right=handed, so hot beef sandwiches & roasted b. sprouts.

What else should I do with the sliced rst. beef? (easy ideas)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by cjs (catfish sandwiches -...)
I used to make a roast beef sandwich spread with goat cheese & chopped sun dried tomatoes and I think either spinach or arugula went on it.

And there's this sandwich I haven't made in many years either but we always liked it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/r...d-onions-103901
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by Trixxee (I used to make a roa...)
The beef filet mignon with marchand de vin------YUMMMM!!! It was awesome
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by Roxanne 21 (The beef filet migno...)
Jean, what about the Bistecca Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Mayonaisse in Issue 57?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner? Sunday 1-31-16 by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, what about the...)
Thanks all - now I probably don't have enuf beef to do all with
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com