What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016?
  Re: (...)
Busy day today, so posting while I have my coffee. Wednesday is the day that I take my mother-in-law to the senior center for exercise classes, lunch, then crafts. That said, I like to keep meals simple on that day.

So, this morning I assembled the ingredients for Mongolian Beef in the crockpot. We will have steamed rice and snow peas with that. (There are some sliced carrots in the recipe)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by Mare749 (Busy day today, so p...)
PIZZA! And, now I have leftover clam chowder, too!! The motely crew met last night & my word what a huge bowl I ended up with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by cjs (PIZZA! And, now I h...)
I'm having either pancakes with bacon on the side or quiche. Up in the air at the moment.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm having either pa...)
Today it's clam chowder.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by losblanos1 (Today it's clam chow...)
copycat
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by cjs (copycat [img]/ubbthr...)
TOnight we're having Orecchiette Della Nonna. It's delicious and makes a ton, so we have leftovers ready for freezer diving.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by karyn (TOnight we're having...)
Oh my, Karyn! That one is copied and saved! One question...do you make it as written? The amount of olive oil seems overdone?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my, Karyn! That ...)
Tony is gone so I should probably just take advantage of that and make something easy like breakfast.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by Trixxee (Tony is gone so I sh...)
Lordie, reading the recipe, can't see why all that oil. I wouldn't!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Wednesday 2/3/2016? by cjs (Lordie, reading the ...)
No, there is no way I'd use all of that olive oil! I did use a fair amount, but less than 1/4 cup for the salt pork, and greatly reduced the remaining half cup...maybe 2-3 tablespoons? Regardless, I refrigerated the entire batch overnight and skimmed off the congealed fat. It's still not diet-friendly, but it's not the dietary disaster that it might be, and it is really good.