Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have leftover pasta, but sure no leftovers on the clams & mussels. Whew, they were so good and been so long. So, not sure what I'll do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Right now the plan is sesame crusted chicken with a vietnamese caramel sauce and a baby bok choy salad.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by Trixxee (Right now the plan i...)
Tonight it's going to be Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang shrimp and Panda Express's Orange chicken with jasmine rice and broccoli.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's going t...)
Already had a schedule change. Chicken is tomorrow.

Since I'm driving by the one grocery store where they have decent french rolls, I'm going to make California roast beef sandwiches.

Does anyone remember Carl's Jr. selling them in the 70's and 80's? Basically deli roast beef warmed in au jus, pile that on a buttered toasted roll with swiss cheese and a green chile. Yum.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by Trixxee (Already had a schedu...)
sounds good!

I've decided to slow cook ahead using a Braised Chix with cabbage & bacon recipe - but sub a rack of ribs for the chicken. Should make a few dinners!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by cjs (sounds good![br][br]...)
We're having beef stew from the freezer. It's a really busy week, so we're doing a lot of freezer diving.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by karyn (We're having beef st...)
Split pea and ham soup with salad and grilled cheese sammies. The ham is l/o from last night's dinner with an accompaniment of mac and cheese. Another Wendy request----they will be leaving on Wednesday----SOOOOO very sad.....how we will miss them.!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by Roxanne 21 (Split pea and ham so...)
Oh, but the memories you've built up this visit!!!

Ham and Mac & cheese is the favorite of all 4 of my kids - and later in life the bonus kids love it, too!

Just have a good cry, Roxanne, have a glass of wine (or 2) and look forward to the next get together.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by cjs (Oh, but the memories...)
Oh, Roxanne, I feel for you! It would be very hard to say goodbye. So glad you have had a good visit.

Tonight is l/os from our feast in Chinatown yesterday. We still have some l/o mu shu pork, Chinese bbq pork, a ton of rice, and half of a banh mi.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/8/16?? by Mare749 (Oh, Roxanne, I feel ...)
Everyone to Maryann's..... Or not, maybe Roy & I should just hightail it over!
www.achefsjourney.com