T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu??

Not a clue here, yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
Every church in the neighborhood seems to be having Lenten fish fries, so Ron wants to do that tonight. We're going to one where the ladies make their famous pierogis to go with. Will need an extra long walk today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by Mare749 (Every church in the ...)
Fnally have dinner in place - l/o Raviolis (just a tad) and stuffed Acorn squash with some smoked chicken I found in the bowels of the freezer.

(We haven't even been here a year yet - how can I have 'the bowels' of any freezer?????)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by cjs (Fnally have dinner i...)
I'm surprised it took this long for you to load it up! LOL!

Of course, I'm having old school tacos!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm surprised it too...)
We are going out to a local mexican favorite, Gabbi's. I am really hoping they have a seasonal dessert that I saw on their FB page, tangerine cream puffs dipped in chocolate. They are filled with tangerine chantilly. Can't get those out of my mind.

http://www.gabbipatrick.com/gabbis-mexican-kitchen/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by Trixxee (We are going out to ...)
Tacos - old fashioned!! YES. This had to be the family's favorite of all when they were growing up. I know I must have mentioned this before, but my kids didn't like hot sauce on theirs, so they put ketchup to mimic Mom & Dad's. Some do this still and gross out their friends.

Sounds like a good place, Trixxee.

I'm adding this here as I think I should not be posting my recipes so much - I adapted a soup from an old Pillsbury recipe yesterday and it was so good, I must add to a book (one day soon ) There is so much that can be done with it - flavor-wise.

"Slow Cooker – Chicken Enchilada Soup
a Chef’s Journey take off from a Pillsbury recipe. This is truly a Pantry soup and most ingredients are easily kept on hand for hands-off dinner."
[Image: Feb%2018%20CJs%20Chicken%20Enchlada%20So...gaa6ex.jpg]

Mexican Chicken Soup
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by cjs (Tacos - old fashione...)
Now I'm craving Mexican food! That restaurant looks fantastic Trixxee and I see that the puffs are on the menu.

Jean, your soup looks so good.

Freezer dive chicken parm here.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by losblanos1 (Now I'm craving Mexi...)
Looks and sounds good, Jean!

Yea, there does seem to be a Mexican theme on here! LOL!

Have fun, Trixxee!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Looks and sounds goo...)
I'm making pasta primavera
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/19/16?? by DFen911 (I'm making pasta pri...)
Dinner met expectations! Super good!!!! Although, a couple of the shells were a little oily. I'll have to work on my technique.

[Image: image_29.jpg]
Daphne