Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I've got to get rid of some of this winter weight, so I've drug my 400 Cal. book out and a few others and will try to be good for a few weeks!!

Be warned Blaine, Karyn and others who post their irresistible menus, I'm going to try and not read them word for word and drool all over the keyboard!

So, starting out today with a Ham, Pear & Swiss sandwich on my delicious rye bread I made yesterday. Never feel deprived with this one. from Carb Lover's book I
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having another gorgeous weather day here, although not as warm as yesterday when it went into the low 60's. But, it's warm enough to grill, so will have to post later what Ron decides to cook.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by Mare749 (We are having anothe...)
Trying something new for us - Tony is braising a brisket of beef with some mexican flavors. Will either make tacos or tortas with it. Should be lots and lots of leftovers to use in various ways too.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by Trixxee (Trying something new...)
Good luck, Jean!

Maryann, we have nice weather here today, too.. We are doing burgers so I can have some Comeback Sauce. I'm trying some onion strings from Pioneer Woman. I've wanted to make them for a long time, but didn't want to risk my digits to hand slice them manually. But now that I have a mandolin, I'm excited to make them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck, Jean![br]...)
I am so ready for grilling weather!

I was going to make the Mexican Meatballs from issue #115, but switched to Swedish Meatballs and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by losblanos1 (I am so ready for gr...)
Ron decided we are having nice thick pork chops from the butcher, on the charcoal grill. I put them in a brine for a few hours to further enhance their deliciousness.

I am making a side of homemade gnocchi with a light vegetable sauce, garlic and olive oil. Finally got it down to a science and they are nice and light, not heavy lumps.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by Mare749 (Ron decided we are h...)
Well, I just finished making the Comeback Sauce and I think I may have screwed it up a little. I think it's the onion flavor that's wrong. I decided to double the sauce and half the onion I used had been stored in a zip lock in the fridge for a bit. Would that cause the flavor to be stronger?

It's not awful but just not awesome. Maybe it will mellow out while it sits in the fridge waiting for dinner?

Oh, and my mandolin was awesome. Whipped out three medium onions in super thin slices in no time. They are now marinating in buttermilk awaiting the fryer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I just finishe...)
I've got to quit reading all these descriptions so closely.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by cjs (I've got to quit rea...)
Jean, I've been doing a bit of stress eating comfort food recently. Sorry!!

Tonight is actually pretty good...we're having teriyaki beef with broccolini over cauliflower rice for me and brown rice for him. See, I can be good!

I'll be in town all this week, but we leave Saturday for a ski week with our kids and family friends in Whistler, BC. It should be really fun and when we get back, we'll be on OMG summer is coming and I need to look decent in a swimsuit dining, so I will be joining you!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/21/16?? by karyn (Jean, I've been doin...)
. Oh, that's right - this is the time of year those of you in bathing suits start working towards that goal!! I'll be joined by many, I'm thinking.
www.achefsjourney.com