Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Stove is gone and we're o.k. for today - pub crawl tonight.

But, that dark rye bread is so good, think we'll have sandwiches with it for lunch. Roy will be in heaven - dark rye, Swiss, Kraut & ??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I was thinking of grilling burgers and making the spicy pepper relish from the new issue to top them with but Tony is so busy and stressed out at work that I don't think I want to even pile bbq'ing a burger on him. He already needs to get on the horn with AT&T when he gets home - we're having weird internet problems. A grilled burger might send him over the edge.

Maybe kung pao chicken? We've had some form of mexican food for 4 nights now so can't go that direction.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by Trixxee (I was thinking of gr...)
How about using the ground meat to make Tony a meatball sub on a toasty roll, with sauce and melted cheese. Boy, does that sound good!

I took out a package of 8 layer lasagna from the freezer. We will have that with oven roasted veggies. Got some great mushrooms yesterday at Asia Foods, so will stuff a few of those.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by Mare749 (How about using the ...)
that does sound good! Meatballs and marinara in the freezer! This is something I can make while I wait for the stove. on the list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by cjs (that does sound good...)
A meatball sub sounds so good! So does an Italian grinder.

It's freezer dive chili con carne for dinner.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by losblanos1 (A meatball sub sound...)
That does sound good. Too bad we don't have any sauce or meatballs in the freezer currently (and Tony is the sauce and meatball maker).

Maybe I can get him to make up a batch this weekend. Thanks Maryann!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by Trixxee (That does sound good...)
As you all know, I do love a good meatball sub, but I don't have that good bread.

Even though William's meeting is a dinner meeting, the meals are not always that great. I had planned to eat leftovers, but after he reminded me of that, I decided I'd cook after all.

So we are having that Guiness Pot Roast I've been wanting to make. I'm going to add baby potatoes to the final cooking stage. Since I had a ton of onion strings left over, I decided they be perfect for a scratch green bean casserole.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (As you all know, I d...)
That Pot Roast sounds so good Daphne.

We are going to have leftover carnitas, and the Pumpkin Corn Pudding. It will be an easy dinner . . .I have new "toys" to play with for the jewelry business - and I'm afraid it might take up my day.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by Harborwitch (That Pot Roast sound...)
We're having Korean Braised Short Rib and Kimchi Pasta just because it sounded like such a mash-up that I couldn't quite wrap my mind around it. I'll let you know what we think.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? by karyn (We're having [url=ht...)
all sounds good and darn I'm ready for that corn pudding again!!
www.achefsjourney.com