What other cooking mags do you subscribe to?
  Re: (...)
I'm beginning to think that I'm addicted to seeking out and subscribing to food magazines. I just added Fine Cooking to my current stack of magazines which include:

Cuisine at Home
Cooking Light
Southern Living
Gourmet
Everyday Food
Cook's Country

I think that I'm starting to lean toward the mags that have less advertising and more tips and explanations.

Cooks Country (Cook's Illustrated product) is really good to let you know about all of the things they tried before coming up with the perfect recipe.

So what are you reading out there????
  Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by rhetta1 (I'm beginning to thi...)
Cuisine at Home (of course!)
Cooking Light
Gourmet

And I think that might be it. Hmmm...seems like there should be more than that!
Tammy
  Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by rhetta1 (I'm beginning to thi...)
CAH

...killed the rest..absolutely hate advertising.
  Re: Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by piano226 (CAH[br][br]...killed...)
Cook's Country is good and it has no advertising.
rhetta1---first of all, I would like to give you a GREAT BIG WELCOME. I think you will enjoy our family and it's wonderful to see new names and input. Please let us know a little about yourself--we have introduced ourselves on the welcome old and new members thread--please join in!!

I subscribe to Cook's Illustrated as well as CAH

I have been thinking about Cooking Light and Fine Cooking
would love some opinions on those please

I do have TONS and TONS of cookbooks though and am constantly downloading the recipes so generously contributed by our fellow members. I had to have more notebook binders sent to me by my Mom--she lives in Massachusetts. In South Africa the binders are two holed only and the quality is really bad---not worth the purchase. Anyway--I'm on my fourth binder and running out of room!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by Roxanne 21 (rhetta1---first of a...)
CAH is the only cooking mag that I suscribe to. I also download tons of recipes fron you guys and other cooking sites. But CAH is the best source i my opinion!
  Re: Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by Roxanne 21 (rhetta1---first of a...)
Quote:

I do have TONS and TONS of cookbooks though and am constantly downloading the recipes so generously contributed by our fellow members.

Me too!!! Recipe collection seems to be one of my addictions along with caffeine and internet play.
Tammy
  Re: Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
If anything drives me to the poor house, it will be cookbooks and magazines!!! I've collected way too many over the last 45 years and I'm slowly going thru the old mags. to see which I can part with.

I think my subscription fees could keep a third world country going for some time....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by cjs (If anything drives m...)
Ain't that the truth!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What other cooking mags do you subscribe to? by Roxanne 21 (Ain't that the truth...)
Ain't that the truth indeed Roxanne. I just love my books. My mags. I would be very circumspect with the culling Jean. Not that I should worry for you, by the time you have picked up various you will have decided you can not do without ANY of them. ;Þ