Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16??
  Re: (...)
Good Morning!!! I hope it's as sunshiny today as yesterday - what a spirit lifter!!!

what's on the menu for everyone today?? I brought so many leftovers home from our group outing last night - don't know what I'll do with them.

I was a real bag lady and I think I embarrassed Roy Richard a little, but... My 'petite' Caesar w/chicken was huge, all those dinner rolls left sitting, and one fellow's French Fries hardly touched....wouldn't you all???

Oh, and forgot - the best - one of the guys brought me pint of preserved lemons to play with!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by cjs (Good Morning!!! I ho...)
Since El Nino has decided not to make an appearance after all, sunny and low 80's here again.

I think today will be the burgers. Not sure about the toppings yet.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by Trixxee (Since El Nino has de...)
Doesn't shock me! LOL!

You two with your lovely weather! We are under severe storm watches here with strong threats of tornadoes. It's so threatening, most schools are closing early!

That said, I'm taking out chicken to possibly play with, but it may wind up one of those days where something comes out of the freezer. Thankfully I now have a gas stove to work with. It may be small, old and ugly, but it's a godsend if the power goes out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Doesn't shock me! L...)
Slight change to those burgers. Going to make something along these lines, but leaving out the mushroom soup and swapping cheddar for slice provolone and pepperoncinis. So sort of a morph between sloppy joes and a philly cheesesteak.

http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/stuffed-french-bread/
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by Trixxee (Slight change to tho...)
Grilling weather here, Carne Asada Quesadillas with bleu cheese aioli and Mexican rice.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by losblanos1 (Grilling weather her...)
Trixxee, that sandwich looks awesome! Copied and saved!

I made a decision. I've got all the fixings for a Cobb Style Caesar Salad. I'll switch out the blue cheese with the Italian blend cheese I have on hand.

We weathered the first wave of this storm front really well, just a lot of debri in the yard. This dinner is perfect. I can prep everything this afternoon, and we can eat before the worst part comes through later this evening. I hate night time storms!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, that sandwi...)
Me, too, Daphne! And we were on LA this time last year and look what the storm is doing to RVs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by cjs (Me, too, Daphne! And...)
No bad storms here, but we did have heavy rain most of the day. Tonight it's suppose to get colder and we are expected to get hammered with snow. We'll see. The weather people usually make it sound worse than it is.

Busy day here. Mother-in-law day, so senior center, then lunch. Dropped her off and had to drive all the way home, pick up Abby at school, then go all the way back to where I had just left in order to take Abby to the orthodondist. So, I'm heating up sauce and meatballs from the freezer and will cook some spaghetti for that. Leftover stuffed mushrooms to go with and some sauteed spinach. We have to be back out the door by 5:30 to go to one last basketball game!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by Mare749 (No bad storms here, ...)
Whew! Makes my head spin, Maryann!

Jean, isn't that scary?!?! That's the same storm racing across the state toward us. The storms ahead of it were pretty strong. Luckily most of those stayed just west of here. But the WIND! The lake looks like the ocean, and at one point today, the waves were so high, they were hitting our bulkhead and splashing on the windows. The bulkhead is about 60 feet from my front door.

And it's supposed to get worse!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/24/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Whew! Makes my head...)
Lordie, you guys - please stay safe!!

You make my head swim too, Maryann, but I sure do remember those days. I even wrote a paper on comparing a two week calendar period with the family and after it was just the two of for a sociology class - got an A, too!!
www.achefsjourney.com