Thursday, 2/25/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Easy dinner for us - I cooked up some pasta ahead of time (hadn't thought of the little hot plate at that time), meatballs & marinara sauce from freezer.

I also made the quinoa/mango side dish again yesterday - twice in a week and a half - I never repeat that quickly, but it's such a great salad/side.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think I'm going to make the egg mcmuffins with cheese sauce from the new issue. My egg rings arrived yesterday. Hashbrowns and grapes on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
I took out chicken breasts to work with, so will do something with that but haven't decided just yet. I finally was able to get some Maggi seasoning at Asia Foods, so might do one of the chicken recipes in The Banh Mi Handbook.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by Mare749 (I took out chicken b...)
I hope to make those egg muffins next week.

Tonight it's Thai curry chicken wraps with tater tots.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by losblanos1 (I hope to make those...)
I've got a frustrating day ahead. Still dealing with insurance disaster, so lots of phone calls. That said, I think I'm going to freezer dive for some French Onion Salsbury Steak with a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got a frustrati...)
We're doing a skillet pasta with sausage, spinach, and sundried tomatoes.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by karyn (We're doing a skille...)
At least latest insurance issue was diverted. I am so far beyond frustrated with this thing! I am going to join the thousands of others complaining to the state insurance board about the Blue Cross Blue Shield debical! This has been a nightmare for four months! The agents I have worked with have been very accommodating. MY problem is with the decisions made by the executives who decided to go with a cheaper Eligibilty and Enrollment Group that couldn't handle the job and dropped out during open enrollment. The previous company jumped back in, but they were overwhelmed, understandably. Chaos ensued and now thousands are suffering! I've heard that 95% of their members are suffering similar problems. I feel so sorry for the employees left to clean up this mess.

Rant over. Sorry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (At least latest insu...)
I really feel for people left at the mercy of big insurance and their inability to function for anything but profit.

Okay rant over!

I was going to do something with chicken breasts, green beans with mushrooms, and fingerling potatoes. Jeff called from town - he's bringing stuff for cheeseburgers on the grill! Yum - and almost no mess! Yea . . . tomorrow is another trip to Wenatchee for the Dr.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday, 2/25/16?? by Harborwitch (I really feel for pe...)
Oh-Oh - the height of frustration!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com