T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Leftovers here - good timing, stove comes today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
One of two things. Whatever Tony decides to pick up and bring home, or I could defrost some mexican'ish beef brisket and we could make a big machaca breakfast with it and beans, tortillas, salsa, etc.

Actually that sounds kind of good. Maybe I'll go in that direction.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by Trixxee (One of two things. ...)
I want to do ribs with the ginger flavored BBQ sauce Bill and Jane sent for Christmas, but William mentioned steaks. We'll see what he picks up.

I've been hoarding this sauce and the asparagus for months. William opened the asparagus the other night and ate them all!!!! So if I don't get my ribs tonight, I WILL get them some time this weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I want to do ribs wi...)
I'm grilling up some coconut marinated chicken skewers with pineapple rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by losblanos1 (I'm grilling up some...)
HAPPY NEW STOVE DAY, Jean!!!

Meatloaf from the freezer and whatever else appears in my sight... getting ready for our guests tomorrow night so I'm busy today.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by foodfiend (HAPPY NEW STOVE DAY,...)
Bar night with friends, so no cooking for me. Everyone's dinner plans sound great. I have had a taste for "Deva's Chili" so maybe I will make that tomorrow.

Have fun with your new stove, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hope your new stove is a winner!

Had to go to Wenatchee today . . . but we found a new Natural Foods store and I stocked up on rice flour, Bob's Red Mill baking powder, and some potato starch. I think we'll have something on the order of buttermilk fried chicken, green beans, and roasted fingerlings. (I've discovered that rice flour and cornstarch make the crispiest coating/batter). I'll "fry" the chicken in avocado & coconut oils.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? by Harborwitch (Hope your new stove ...)
That's good to know, Sharon. Thanks!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."