Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Nothing like waiting until the last minute - I'm finally doing the Mystery box dinner and I'm so revved up about it. Seems like I haven't done any fun cooking for so long.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh, I'm kind of embarrassed. Just can't seem to settle down and get creative with cooking at the moment. Sorry, I'm going to have to pass this time.

We are suppose to have one day of Spring here and it's going up to 50! So, we are headed down to the lake for the afternoon. Might just do burgers on the grill later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by Mare749 (Oh, I'm kind of emba...)
Tony is making a hearty meat sauce for pasta using ground beef and italian sausage. Serving over tripoline. Asparagus on the side rather than a salad because I'm saving salad for tomorrow using Jean's japanese dressing.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by Trixxee (Tony is making a hea...)
To celebrate Mom's safe return from Guatemala and Ashley's new house and job, Mom is taking us all out for a late lunch. So we will probably snack for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (To celebrate Mom's s...)
Sounds like fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by cjs (Sounds like fun!!...)
That's great Daphne, and congratulations to Ashley.

I'm solo for dinner and I can't decide between an Italian grinder or the three cheese and pepperoni Stromboli.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
With the way our life is going right now I didn't want to post anything until it was already over and done! (Suffice it to say that we are finally getting rid of the carpet in the bathroom and getting new floor & flooring.)

Sunday dinner was wonderful. Grilled salmon, butternut squash risotto, and a green salad. It was tasty and comforting!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by Harborwitch (With the way our lif...)
Enjoy the makeover, Sharon! Always makes the living space feel fresher and cleaner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Enjoy the makeover, ...)
Thanks Daphne. I don't know what male person thought carpet in a bathroom was a good idea! This is going to be a process - but nothing like an incident to spur someone to quit procrastinating! Poor Bob, he takes full responsibility!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 2/28/16?? by Harborwitch (Thanks Daphne. I do...)
Quote:

I don't know what male person thought carpet in a bathroom was a good idea!

LOL!!!

And I thought carpet in a kitchen was bad!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.