Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'd doing one of Roy's old, old favs - Mexican casserole and if I can find it a salad we love from one of those Ortega recipe pamphlets. hmmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am going to make the dad-dan chicken & noodles (though using spaghetti) that Blane and Carylann made recently. Their picture just looked way too enticing.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by Trixxee (I am going to make t...)
Trixxee, I'm not sure if there is a big difference in the nutrition values or "suspicious" ingredients, but I'm sold on using ramen noodles in my Chinese noodle dishes now.

Now I want some! But I think William may balk if I do Chinese twice in one week? We'll see! I'm still considering.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, I'm not sur...)
We are having Italian breaded pork chops. I'm using boneless chops, will pound them a bit, then bread with seasoned bread crumbs, Parm, garlic and parsley. Quick pan fry to brown and add a side of spaghetti and some roasted vegs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by Mare749 (We are having Italia...)
We hope you enjoy that one Trixxee.

Today it's three cheese & pepperoni Stromboli.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by losblanos1 (We hope you enjoy th...)
Finally decided! I'm making Roberto's Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions. Sautéed cabbage will be the side. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Finally decided! I'...)
Oh wow, have not had that forever!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We had the leftovers from last night. I could honestly eat these way more often! I can't wait until we can get more cheeks from them!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by Harborwitch (We had the leftovers...)
Ended up grabbing a burger which ruined our dinner, while we were spending the kid's inheritance at Cash & Carry.

But, do we have some wonderful meat for the freezer and grill cooking!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/3/16?? by cjs (Ended up grabbing a ...)
Cash & Carry can seriously damage a budget. We go once a month for the Restaurant and for us.

We found the most wonderful local pork supplier. The piggies are free range, they have their babies in areas where they can stretch out and have some shade and space. They're fed organic food . . . raised humanely, slaughtered humanely, and OMG the meat tastes so "porky", all it needs is salt & pepper. Once we start getting paid again we'll put some more in the freezer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!