Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16??
  Re: (...)
What's for Dinner today??

If we don't blow away, I'm baking up Roberto's dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by cjs (What's for Dinner to...)
If you're talking about the sausage and peppers, I know it'll be yummy!

Well, it feels like Spring is here! So I'm going with one of our all time favorite summer dishes....Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes! Love me some goat cheese!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (If you're talking ab...)
Thanks for giving me the perfect idea for dinner, Jean. Had to take Charlie to the beauty shop, then going to meet my walking pal, so wanted something low fuss tonight.

I have been wondering if anyone else thinks that the roasting time is a bit long for Roberto's recipe? Or is that due to the lower temp? I usually roast veggies at 400.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by Mare749 (Thanks for giving me...)
Probably because of the temp, Maryann - I roast veggies at a higher temp also, but for this dish because it's all wrapped up, I just do what he says and we do love it. Altho, I don't do the sausages in water, I brown/render them up/out and just add to the dish for the last hour.

P.S. Just got back from the dr. - have to go in for another X-ray to see how things are healing, BUT, I can now leave the brace off when I'm not working around and also, leave it off overnite!!! Gettin' there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by cjs (Probably because of ...)
I use the recommended temp also. Last time, I cut my links into bite size pieces and threw them in with the veggies at the beginning. Worked great. I always use a foil pan for this. No dishes!

Oh, and I don't use any oil. The fat from the sausage is more than enough and also adds that much more flavor to the veggies. I also halve peppers and onions and slice medium-thin? Potatoes are bite sized.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I use the recommende...)
I added ~8 oz. marinara sauce + ~4 oz. Neumann's salsa to the mix this time. Really good.
[Image: mar%2010%20001_zpsjrnpr2vj.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by cjs (I added ~8 oz. marin...)
That's great news about your hand Jean. High five!

Tonight it's teriyaki chicken breasts w/ jasmine rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by losblanos1 (That's great news ab...)
We're enjoying late spring weather in late winter, so I decided to grill. We had grilled flank steak, asparagus, and garlic bread. Just YUM!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by karyn (We're enjoying late ...)
Congrats on the hand, Jean! And I want to try the tomatoes next time. I'm sure that would be really good!

And dinner was just as wonderful as I remember! Goat cheese and pine nuts....what's not to love!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/10/16?? by cjs (Probably because of ...)
That's good news Jean! Yea!

Tonight was comfort food - Butter Chicken, rice & peas, it's a huge favorite with us. I had a momentary thought of making Knoephla soup . . . but back got the best of me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!