T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Roberto's Sausage & potato dish made so much, we'll have leftovers today - maybe with an egg on top
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think we will do the same. That dish is always good, but adding a diced jalapeno really enhanced it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by Mare749 (I think we will do t...)
An egg on top sounds perfect! My last batch made so much, we were eating it for days!

We are having Taco Salad. I'm going to have it all ready early. Another day of hoping the "5 o'clock breeze" doesn't kick up too high so we can finally enjoy the deck.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by Gourmet_Mom (An egg on top sounds...)
Now, I have Taco salad in my mind!

I also love adding a few candied jalapenos to the mix!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That d@mn egg...

I'm trying out a Vietnamese restaurant with takeout tonight. Some stir-fry and appies. I'll save the pho for another day.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by BarbaraS (That [url=mailto:d@m...)
Oooops, forgot eggs vs. Barbara!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by cjs (Oooops, forgot eggs ...)
Steak night, hopefully grilled.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by losblanos1 (Steak night, hopeful...)
Fingers crossed for both of us, Blane - I'm doing a sous vide on some chix thighs that I'd really like to toss on the grill when they are done.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by cjs (Fingers crossed for ...)
I guess I should have crossed my fingers also. It's raining pretty hard. No problem, pan fried filets with a balsamic reduction and bleu cheese. Roasted asparagus also.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/11/16 by losblanos1 (I guess I should hav...)
Well, I was planning on chicken & beef pad gra prow (thai dish) over rice but then Tony casually mentioned that he had a teriyaki bowl for lunch. I don't know what to do now. But I spent $10 on the rib eye for this and if we just have that it's not enough for two.

So we shall see what happens.