Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I had leftover 'gravy' from the gator scaloppini so I'll grill up some chix and serve with noodles.

Think I'll look thru the new C@H and do a few dishes out of it. Been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds like a good idea, Jean. Time for some new dishes and reviews. Maybe we should all pick one thing to review?

We're going out tonight with our girls and Abby and Alyssa, to see the Contemporary Youth Orchestra at CSU. Both girls play piano and violin so we thought that going to a performance like this would encourage them to stay with it. I know that this has nothing to do with our dinner thread. Just wanted to share this with anyone who loves music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2KZvbHYo8

So, we're thinking the kiddos might get a kick out of going to the Hard Rock Cafe for a sandwich before the show.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by Mare749 (That sounds like a g...)
Have fun, Maryann! Sounds like a lovely way to spend time with family.

Tonight we'll have the Taco Salad meant for last night. We have a funeral this afternoon, so when we get home, I'll get everything ready. Hopefully, we can spend time on the deck again this afternoon. The weather is still remarkable!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sous Vide Filets with Marchand de Vin sauce. Taters and salads on the side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Maryann! ...)
Have fun MA!

I bought two more of those "pre planked" mahi mahi filets to grill. Grocery store is running low on them and I'm hoping this was not a one time thing and they get more stock in. Can't beat it for $6 a filet/with the plank & topped with pineapple rings and chives. Anyway, I will make that creamy lemon caper sauce to go with it. Rice a roni on the side and whatever vegetable or salad looks good when Tony goes to Costco.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by Trixxee (Have fun MA![br][br]...)
That sounds like a great night Maryann, have fun.

I'm ready for a review dinner.

Tonight CA is making beef enchiladas with Mexican rice.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by losblanos1 (That sounds like a g...)
That does sound likea fun night with the girls!

Again, everything is sounding good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by cjs (That does sound like...)
Wow!! I bet the girls are really excited!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/12/16?? by BarbaraS (Wow!! I bet the gir...)
Wow, everything sounds delicious tonight!

We're enjoying the gorgeous weather and will grill tonight before the rain moves in for a few days. We're having chicken kebabs with an avocado cream sauce, which sounds really indulgent, but the sauce is made with fat-free Greek yogurt, so it's actually pretty healthy. I'm going to grill a bunch of veggies on the side.
Maryann that sounds like so much fun!

I pulled the pressure cooker out and we had "BBQed" country style ribs browned off with my rib rub and cooked in hard cider. 30 minutes and they were done to perfection. Mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!