Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Thawing out a steak - maybe with a b. potato

I've been trying to get pizza dough made for a few days now - been dragging my feet because I can't hand knead it yet and that is my preferred way, but now that Laura brought up my 'mistake' guess I'll just go with the K.A.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Haven't decided on dinner just yet, but going to start the sourdough dough and also a pot of split pea soup since I discovered a ham bone in the freezer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by Mare749 (Haven't decided on d...)
I was leaning toward a shrimp cobb salad by my avocado isn't ripe enough yet so I think we might as well just eat the leftovers from last night. That one dish skillet was not bad at all and it made a ton.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by Trixxee (I was leaning toward...)
I've got copy-cat Quarter pounders with fries on the menu, I'm feeling pretty strong that I'll actually make them.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by losblanos1 (I've got copy-cat Qu...)
It was supposed to be 75 and sunny here today, so I thawed chicken breasts to make one of Billy's favourites. Chicken Roulades over Caesar Salad. Well, it's cold, wet, and windy, but I'm making it anyway.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by Lorraine (It was supposed to b...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Oh Lorraine, that was such a favorite of so many of ours!!! And, haven't made it for way too long!(Cuisine at home, June 2006, Issue 57, p. 21)

Anxious to hear about that dish, Susan.

I'm still going thru old recipes - Good Lord, what a job - and ran across one that Trixxee posted in '08!! Made it last 3 years ago, guess it's time.
Easy Asian Beef & Noodles - with changes I've made over the years. Added dry sherry, garlic and hoisin sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by cjs (Oh Lorraine, that wa...)
Susan, don't forget to add your review of your dish in the thread for the current issue. It's a sticky at the top. Pictures are appreciated but not necessary.

That sounds good, Jean! I'd love to see that recipe with your notes. I LOVE hoisin!

I'm committed to tonight's menu, since my Korean Beef has been marinating since yesterday. I'm going to do a veggie lo mien for a side. It's been too long since we've had this, so I'm excited!

Lorraine, I'm sorry about the weather. Ours is still really good. The rain came through last night. But I love your dinner choice. It's been a long time since we've had the roulades. Need to put it on the menu soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Susan, don't forget ...)
Maryann, don't you love freezer discoveries? The good kind, that is...

Jean, what did you mean by not being able to hand-knead dough? Did you do something to your hand?

This week is turning out to be busy (I didn't even think of what to make for dinner until 7pm last night) so I really have to buckle down and make a meal plan. I want fish tonight, so I'll see what's in the freezer. I know that I have tilapia, maybe even salmon.. then how to prepare it... decisions, decisions!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/15/16?? by foodfiend (Maryann, don't you l...)
Uhhh, yes - I broke my left hand (AND I'M LEFT HANDED!!!! ) in a really stupid way and I have a couple more weeks of wearing a brace. Really has hampered my cooking abilities....

Daphne, heres' the recipe Trixxee posted a while back - we sure enjoyed it again today.

Easy Asian Beef & Noodles*****
This is a great recipe to add all kinds of favorite Asian flavors/ingredients.

[Image: sian%20Beef%20Noodles_zpsa2fjifwx.jpg]

1 rib - eye steak -- (8-ounce)
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil -- divided
1 cup sliced green onions -- (1-inch)
2 cups prepackaged coleslaw
2 packages beef-flavor ramen noodle soup -- (2.8-ounce)
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce

Trim fat from steak; cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove steak mixture from pan; keep warm. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil until hot. Add slaw; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove slaw from pan; keep warm.

Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning packet for another use. Add the water and remaining seasoning packet to pan; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated. Serves 2.

Description:
"Trixxee posted this 10/08 – I first made this March 10.2009"

My notes:
At the time I add the meat/cabbage mix and Soy, I also add:
1 – 1 1/2 T. hoisin sauce
1 T. dry sherry
Have also added:
Snow peat
Toasted sliced almonds
And at the time I added the slaw mixture – also added a clove of garlic.
www.achefsjourney.com