Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here, yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making a southwestern cobb salad with romaine, bacon, diced egg, tomato, avocado, green onions, fresh corn, cotija cheese topped with grilled jumbo shrimped (tossed with a margarita spice rub Blane gifted me), and top it with this dressing.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...tte-103849
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by Trixxee (I'm making a southwe...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Thankfully, we are beyond soup season! But enjoy, Susan!

We love a good Cobb salad, Trixxee.

William was supposed to put on a Boston Butt this morning for me to watch over today. But since he didn't I'll skip to Friday's plan and make the Grilled Cordon Bleu with grilled potato wedges and a salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thankfully, we are b...)
That Cobb salad sounds delicious! Copied and saved.

I made split pea soup yesterday, so we will have a cup of that with a club sandwich. I picked up some Roma's that are surprisingly tasty so have been slicing them for sandwiches.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by Mare749 (That Cobb salad soun...)
Finally hit on a 'clean the fridge' casserole and get rid of some things. Got to say I'm really bored with my cooking the last couple weeks.

Went for X-rays this morning and hoping (!!!!) the tech would tell me the bones were mending nicely - but, she only said, "Well, they are beginning to mend" Piddle. And, then of course she had to mention - old bones = long time. really needed to hear that. O.K., pity party's over...........I'm going to go make a chocolate pudding!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by cjs (Finally hit on a 'cl...)
Welcome Susan!

Daphne, is that cordon bleu from one of the grilling cookbooks?

Today I'm grilling bone-in rib-eye steaks with grilled asparagus, I'm also making the steak sauce from issue #100.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by losblanos1 (Welcome Susan![br][b...)
Chocolate pudding always makes me feel better! Sorry the news wasn't better, Jean.

I decided on a romaine salad with homemade fried chicken fingers instead of a club sandwich.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by Mare749 (Chocolate pudding al...)
I'm sorry, Jean, but at least she said it is healing!

Trixxee, that salad sounds delicious! It's going on the menu soon.

We're having the Grilled Gyro Kebabs from #69. It's definitely grilling weather around here!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/16/16?? by karyn (I'm sorry, Jean, but...)
I'm so sorry, Jean. Give it time and enjoy your pudding!

Blane I'm doing the one from Issue 112 where you put the ham and cheese on top. Simple and fast.

Karyn, I know what you mean! Almost everything on my menu this week was chosen because it was grilled.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.