Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm working with a pork steak I picked up (?) and making Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo for a side.

OOOOhhh, just saw an idea for "Curry & Coconut Milk grilled pork skewers" which sounds wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
So your weather has eased up enough to grill now, Jean?

Tonight is Saturday's ditched Japanese Fried Chicken and Vinegar Sushi Rice. I've got asparagus on the side. It finally got under $3 a pound.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by Gourmet_Mom (So your weather has ...)
It's raining on this side of the Sound.

Today I'm making Tandoori shrimp with pineapple chutney, sesame rice cakes and more of that delicious $1.88lb asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by losblanos1 (It's raining on this...)
Easy night for me - leftover king ranch casserole. Will change up the garnishes to sliced black olives and diced avocado (if I can find a ripe one at the store).
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by Trixxee (Easy night for me - ...)
Piddle - it wasn't supposed to rain until later tonight!!
Well, on to the backup plan......broil
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by cjs (Piddle - it wasn't s...)
Ha! No backup plan needed!! Great Grilled dinner – and, I did get to grill!!! The Cauliflower Alfredo is a great side dish to compliment the curry/coconut flavors on the pork skewers. I only made 1/3 the amt. of marinade and it was plenty for 1.6 oz. of pork steak which I cut into strips for the skewers.
[Image: Mar%2021%20Pork%20w%20Cauliflower%20Alfr...pjp0o5.jpg]

Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce

Curry-and-Coconut-Milk-Grilled Pork Skewers
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by cjs (Ha! No backup plan n...)
Looks delicious, Jean. We had a homemade hamburger helper tonight. It's only Monday, but it's cold and I wanted comfort food.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by karyn (Looks delicious, Jea...)
Jean, that looks delicious, but is that really ALL you had for dinner. Ron would think that was the appetizer and wonder where was the rest of the meal. Not that we're little piggies or anything.

We had l/os to use last night so it was tapas night.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by Mare749 (Jean, that looks del...)
No! We split another skewer and also had a fruit salad.
[Image: Mar%2021%20Fruit%20platter%20w%20dressin...kqwla3.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/21/16 by cjs (No! We split another...)
Very pretty, Jean! I'm glad you got to grill after all.

My Spring Cleaning (long over due) is getting in the way of my cooking. We polished off some leftover chicken from Sunday, sooooo......
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.