Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16
  Re: (...)
Time to have some ham in the freezer, so will definitely get a half.

No other ideas here, yet...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by cjs (Time to have some ha...)
I had planned a ham dinner, but other things shifted our dinner with Ashley in Wilmington from Saturday to Sunday. So I'm off to find a restaurant close to Carolina Beach where she's living now. Andrew can ride with us, and Mom can catch the ferry after church.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by Gourmet_Mom (I had planned a ham ...)
We are hosting family dinner. Bought a big ol' "bone-in" ham that will be studded with cloves then glazed with brown sugar, pineapple rings and cherries until it's all carmelized.

We will also have scalloped potatoes, candied yams, green beans with almonds, Easter bread, and ricotta cake with strawberries for one of 3 desserts. Our girls are bringing appetizers, 2 more desserts and probably an extra bottle of wine. The kids love to come here because the Easter bunny makes a special stop to hide eggs at our house (inside and out!) which keeps them busy for quite a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by Mare749 (We are hosting famil...)
Sounds like a wonderful hooliday coming up, Maryann!

Safeway had my favorite ham - Hempler - so, I'm good to go there. Roasted with family fav, maple syrup & o.j.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by cjs (Sounds like a wonder...)
I'm debating doing a rack of lamb sous vide and then finishing in a screaming hot skillet, but my plans may change. The one thing I really want to try are the naturally dyed pickled Easter eggs on Epicurious. I love deviled eggs, and these are too fun!
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by karyn (I'm debating doing a...)
Those are very fun, Karyn. But, you said that you like deviled eggs and those are pickled eggs. Do you like them as well? Only mentioning this because I am not really a big fan of pickled eggs but my family loves them so we make them for every holiday.

Thanks for the link, BTW.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by Mare749 (Those are very fun, ...)
Speaking of pickled eggs - 4 days ago I emptied a jar of Christmas Hefeweizen spicy bread & butter pickles, and added 2 hard-cooked eggs to the brine. Had them last night and Wow, were they delicious!

[Image: Mar%2024%20Deli%20PLatter_zpswefs9ssb.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by cjs (Speaking of pickled ...)
I just figured I'd devil the pickled eggs. I love anything pickled, so I can't see how it would hurt to make deviled eggs using the pretty colored eggs.
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by karyn (I just figured I'd d...)
We are running behind here - I'm planning on my St. Patrick's dinner - if that! We are going to try to empty the RV this weekend and clean the inside (even though it's relatively clean but it needs to SHINE). Mobile wash/wax guy is coming next week I hope and then it goes up for sale.

Anyone need a gently used 34 foot 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow with a whole 12,000 miles on it?
  Re: Re: Easter's Coming - Any Special Plans?? 3/27/16 by Trixxee (We are running behin...)
Why oh why??????
www.achefsjourney.com