Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I thawed out a new pizza dough (to me) which I made last week sometime and I think I'll divide it in half and make a couple flatbreads (today's will have caramelized onions, Kalamatas, roasted red peppers and the Pecorino Toscano from our cheese club offering.) and a bowl of the Longevity soup.

Putting in the drip for green house and garden today......... are we gong to collapse later.

-------

Had to come back and add this to my dinner plans - have to get it made!!!!

Sicilian Seafood Stew with Almonds and Couscous
[Image: seafood_stew_couscous_2000x1500_hereford...whduqq.jpg]

Maybe this week!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Doesn't that look delicious!

Our little grocery store may have crappy groceries, but they know what they're doing with fried chicken. Since we had such a big lunch, we just picked up corn dogs. We were going to do hot dogs, but they don't have the Bunny top split buns. William was really impressed with those last time. So I'll pick up a pack when I go to the big store tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Doesn't that look de...)
I spent the day at the ASCD conference, which was in Atlanta this year. It was terrific! I got a ton of great ideas. Dinner tonight is quick and easy--Reuben sandwiches and salad.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by karyn (I spent the day at t...)
What a fusion meal we had - Leftover Longevity Noodle Soup which is just delicious
[Image: Apr%203%20Noodle%20soup%203_zpsu57zprwj.jpg]
But the hit of the day is this flatbread - so simple, caramelized onions, Kalamatas, roasted red peppers topped with Pecorino Toscano cheese. (I ended up leaving my soup for breakfast and pigging out on the flatbread! )

[Image: Apr%203%20Flatbread%201_zpspgaznrrs.jpg]

This is a nice new (to me) dough to work with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jane made a quick spaghetti sauce with hot Italian sausage on Friday nite. She did not remember the "hot" part and added cracked red pepper. Oops---hot as hell! We are adding another batch with beef, more onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Jane said to pray for our adjusted sauce!.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by Old Bay (Jane made a quick sp...)
Praying as we speak.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by cjs (Praying as we speak....)
We pushed off the flank steak until today and it was wonderful, Karyn!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by Trixxee (We pushed off the fl...)
Bless your heart, Jane! I hope it worked out, Bill. I think it should?

Jean, have you shared the soup recipe? I'm intrigued.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by Trixxee (We pushed off the fl...)
Tonight was Bistecca steak sandwich, I made Carylann's as a salad and she loved it.

[Image: 5_zpsbwtj2hmi.jpg]
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 4/3/16?? by cjs (Praying as we speak....)
It was delicious ! Thanks to everybody!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".