Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

#4 Grilling book, again - Cajun Halibut (using cod) with Praline sauce. Instead of the rice, I'm having Sweet Potato mash. Someone had this yesterday, didn't they??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think Susan did made it yesterday. I'm starting to crave it, too. I think a sweet potato mash will work well with it.

We're having deep-dish pizza tonight. It's another of John's favorites.
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wasn't that Susan I think?

The cold spell hitting this part of the country has hit my house, but I'm going to pretend it's still springlike with dinner. We are having a Cobb Salad with the Brown Derby French Dressing. I'm even trimming off my first crop of lettuce from my garden.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wasn't that Susan I ...)
Got to get my lettuce going!! I did get 4 Romas transplanted yesterday....they are sitting in a sunny window growing by the minute!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by cjs (Got to get my lettuc...)
It's freezing here! Well, not as bad as it is at our former home, but we moved to the coast to be warmer and this ain't it!!!

Pan fried panko-crusted chicken, chipotle mashed potatoes, roasted sprouts with walnuts. A winter dinner, alas...

Oh, and I have to mention, my spinach and lettuce have been growing all winter long in the coldframe outside. I can't understand how this stuff withstood a couple of 20-degree nights, but it did and I've been thrilled to have fresh stuff for the last couple of months! I planted arugula and radishes a couple of weeks ago and they're doing quite well but not "ready" yet. Ahhhhh, spring!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by foodfiend (It's freezing here! ...)
sounds like everyone's fingers are tingling for 'spring planting' and HARVESTING!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by cjs (sounds like everyone...)
Something easy tonight as I need to pack for our little "staycation" at Disneyland and California Adventure for Michael's birthday - my sister's family is going with us - should be fun.

Shredded chicken soft tacos tonight.

Our weather forecast today: sunny and mid 80's.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by Trixxee (Something easy tonig...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Thank you! Truth be told, I'd rather it be about 15 degrees cooler (but still sunny) for a day at an amusement park. No doubt the kids will be ready to jump in the pool in the evening. The following day I should be getting my wish, weather wise.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/5/16?? by Trixxee (Thank you! Truth be...)
Have fun!!
www.achefsjourney.com