Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce
  Re: (...)
I made this for dessert for a dinner party and almost everyone asked for seconds. It's a really good cake, the cornmeal gives it a nice texture; it's not too sweet but the lemon glaze adds just enough, and the sauce was a perfect accompaniment. This will go into a regular rotation for me since it was easy to whip up a couple of hours ahead of time (and the sauce can be made a couple of days in advance). I will try various fruit sauces, or just fruit, alongside. Absolutely perfect for spring or summer!

Bon Appetit's Lemon Cornmeal Cake
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by foodfiend (I made this for dess...)
I started to copy/save this recipe and saw I had already gotten it at some point (of course, it's lemon!! ) and saved it. But haven't made it. I'll move it up the list.

Thanks for the review Vicci - and good to hear from you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by cjs (I started to copy/sa...)
Quote:

... (of course, it's lemon!! )...

Something else for lemon lovers: Melting Moments. Very popular with my customers. You should see the looks on their faces when they try the samples and discover just how literally those things really do melt in the mouth!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Vicci, that looks so good!!! Copied and saved, and I'm not even that big of a lemon lover.

Labs, those things look dangerous! But I copied it anyway.

I also sent both to Mom. She LOVES lemon desserts! These will give her two new hits for Garden Club and church functions.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, that looks so...)
Oh, you dog, Labs!! Look too good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by cjs (Oh, you dog, Labs!! ...)
Quote:

Oh, you dog, Labs!! Look too good!!

ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
This sounds really good Vicki - know I would love it. And I just happen to have some buttermilk to use up. Will have to do make this over the weekend.
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by Trixxee (This sounds really g...)
Qt. buttermilk on the list!
2 cups for soda bread.
1 cup for this cake
And
1 cup for Uncle Wallace's pancakes!

That does it
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by foodfiend (I made this for dess...)
Oh Vicci! I made this a couple months ago and we just fell madly in love with it. Everyone who had it LOVED it. I had to share the recipe liberally.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lemon Cornmeal Cake w/ Crushed Blueberry Sauce by Harborwitch (Oh Vicci! I made th...)
Actually, I find it difficult to locate buttermilk here (among many other things, it's like we moved to the edge of civilization) so I used half plain yogurt mixed with half milk.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com