Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16??
  Re: (...)
What's cookin' for everyone today??

?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by cjs (What's cookin' for e...)
It's warming up today, a little. Supposed to make it to the mid sixties. But winter is supposed to slide back in one more time this weekend....hopefully for the last time. BBBRRRRRR!

Susan and Vicci, I hope you aren't frozen up there! And just think! That turkey Maryann escaped to the Caribbean at just the right time!

Anyway, we are grilling today. I'm making the Skewered Citrus Chicken Wings. This time I'm going to make the Blue Potato Salad with it. We have plenty of salad to have on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's warming up toda...)
Grilling here today also, I'm thinking about making the chicken burgers with basil mayonnaise from the Vol 4 grilling cook book. They're really good.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by losblanos1 (Grilling here today ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Daphne, it's supposed to be around 54 here today, but seems warmer because it's so sunny. I'm going outside to toss alfalfa pellets on the lawn!

I ended up making pasta primavera last night, so tonight will be the panko chicken and chipotle mashed potatoes.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by foodfiend (Daphne, it's suppose...)
another good sounding food day.

I had planned on making the chicken burgers with basil mayonnaise which Blane mentioned, but I got carried away making my patties for them and ended up in a completely different direction. But, they will be good.

While I was at it, I played with the l/o Mahi Mahi w/Praline Sauce and ended up with another winner. (I posted about them in a separate thread).

I'm putting my cast iron skillet on the grill for my 'chix burgers' so I can say I'm grilling - the weather is supposed to be wonderful for a few days now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by cjs (another good soundin...)
Glad to see you guys survived this first cold wave, Susan and Vicci. I moved my baby plants next to the house and cobered them last night. I didn't bother to move them back, since it is supposed to be even colder Saturday night.

That's funny, Jean. BTW, isn't Roy a Fox News fan like William? If so, you guys will get a kick out of this. We have not been to the Azaelia Festival Parade since we were teenagers. All of a sudden last night, William mentioned that maybe we might want to go this year. Today as I watched them crown the queen, I realized his motivation. Every year they pick a celebrity that is a North Carolina native. This year they picked Anna Kooiman. It was a big DUH moment! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Glad to see you guys...)
We've been pretty warm around here, but the temps are supposed to dip into the 30's over the weekend. Kinda disappointing, since I was really ready for some time in the garden.

Tonight's dinner is the Asian Pork Tenderloin with Asian Noodle Salad from issue #22. I haven't made it in a while, but my comments are that we really liked it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by karyn (We've been pretty wa...)
You devil, William

And, much to my horror, he is. I told him if we survive this election, we can survive ANYTHING!

Please, I'm not starting a political discussion here!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/6/16?? by cjs (You devil, William [...)
I can imagine. I will ask no more questions! LOL!

The wings were as good or better than I remember. The times before, I didn't make the Blue Cheese Potatoes. Big mistake! It is the perfect accompaniment for these wings. I had planned to make a twice baked potato with the steaks Friday night, but I'm just going to add some green onion and bacon to these potatoes instead. Perfect!

[Image: 06d540978df36f1de34b20e7eb815f0d.jpg]

[Image: f6518e3af978725293de5c2766f094f4.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.