dried blueberries-- can they be TOO dry???
  Re: (...)
I found a large bag of dried blueberries in the pantry that expired almost 2 years ago (which expels the myth that you "start all over" when you move!). They are a little drier and chewier than those I bought recently, and I thought that I would use them in lemon biscotti. But should I plump them in hot water first, or since they're going into a "dry" cookie, would they be okay as is? Any thoughts?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: dried blueberries-- can they be TOO dry??? by foodfiend (I found a large bag ...)
they just might benefit from a short plumping up, Vicci.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: dried blueberries-- can they be TOO dry??? by cjs (they just might bene...)
Thanks, Jean. I'm going to try the biscotti recipe today. Think I'll plump those blueberries in rum...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: dried blueberries-- can they be TOO dry??? by foodfiend (Thanks, Jean. I'm g...)
How could that be wrong?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: dried blueberries-- can they be TOO dry??? by foodfiend (Thanks, Jean. I'm g...)
Lucky blueberries!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.