Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Probably burgers here. I have cooking to do for tomorrow. We're having a huge tree cut down and I'm making Deva's Chili, Game Day Sandwiches and Pineapple Crisp for the crew. I want to get it all prepped today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chili is always better the next day.

I'm not sure here. I was thinking about Roberto's Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and Potatoes. But I'm not committed. I'll be menu planning today, so I may change my mind.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Chili is always bett...)
It's a good one, Susan!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by cjs (It's a good one, Sus...)
It's crazy weather here today. It's snowing!! This is awful for the farmers and the fruit crops now!

Doing breakfast for dinner tonight. Need to go out and get another frying pan today.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by BarbaraS (It's crazy weather h...)
It's grilling time here (Sorry Karen and all you 'back there' ) and that means my favorite side.....Jim Downey's Grilled onion. First time this year.

[Image: Oct%207%20Grilled%20onion%20dinner_zpscjf3xgxr.jpg]

with burger patty and some Spicy Baked beans.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by BarbaraS (It's crazy weather h...)
I'm procrastinating on the menus. I've also changed my mind about dinner. I'm with you, Barbara, this weather is CRAZY! It's supposed to FREEZE tonight! I'm counting on the effects of living next to the lake to keep the temps from dipping so far down. We have far too many pots, and some are way too heavy to move inside.

Anyway, although it will be better tomorrow, I've decided to join Jean in a pot of chili. William will need to move the gas can attached to the oven to the fireplace line tonight. So I ditched the sausages. The chili can simmer all afternoon on the electric cooktop.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm procrastinating ...)
Oh you all, I feel so badly on how Mother Nature is treating you this year, but then she's been up to no good for a couple years now....why we couldn't get to the East coast last year about this time. Came home instead.

chili is perfect for you all, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by cjs (Oh you all, I feel s...)
Just cloudy and cool here - mid 60's. Supposedly we are supposed to get some more rain.

Soooo, I am making chicken noodle soup and Pioneer Woman's olive cheese bread.

Also for the horse racing fans, finally MSNBC is showing three Road to the KY Derby races today from 2:00pm-4:00pm Pacific. Toyota Bluegrass Stakes from KY, Santa Anita Derby from So Cal and I forget what the other race is called but it's from Aqueduct, NY. May all horses and jockeys cross the finish line safely.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by Trixxee (Just cloudy and cool...)
You bet, Trixxee! Thanks for the head's up - I'll be so glad when we get our TV up & running out here (outside!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/9/16?? by cjs (Oh you all, I feel s...)
Jean.

That was a good decision you both made. Weather turned nasty when you headed back and you would have been caught in it.

I just hope the farmers don't get hurt in this. Nothing's sticking, it's just too darn cold for this time of year.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.