Sunday Dinner, 4/10/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Mine is already - Deva's Chili, Game Day Sandwiches, and Pineapple Crisp - to feed our tree removal crew. So anxious for the unobstructed view!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/10/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony is making a big pot of meatballs, italian sausage and marinara. We'll have it over bowties. Maybe tomorrow we'll have meatball subs and then we'll package up the rest for future freezer diving.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/10/16?? by Trixxee (Tony is making a big...)
Meatballs sound delicious! I love it when I can make several meals like that, Trixxee.

Jean, we're having chili, too. I'm glad you're getting your view opened up! The last time we had a tree removal crew at the lake there was a thunderstorm coming in. Those guys were up in the top of swaying pine trees with chainsaws as thunder and lightning flashed nearby. I was freaking out, and they were all laughing at me.

The chili I'm making is Flank Steak in Adobo. I made it once before and we loved it, so I'm really looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/10/16?? by karyn (Meatballs sound deli...)
That looks delicious Karyn.

Today I'm making BK Whalers with onion rings, but a meatball sub sounds better.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/10/16?? by losblanos1 (That looks delicious...)
That sounds good, Karyn. Last night my chili seemed flat, so I pulled some chipotles in adobo sauce out of the freezer and added some to the chili. Just what it needed. I'm discovering I have a greater tolerance for heat these days.

I mentioned William's lack of self control in another thread. Example: Tonight's Dinner. I didn't get menu planning finished yesterday, which put grocery shopping off until tomorrow or Tuesday. So I started listing what was in the freezer. When I got to the wings from last week, he stopped me and asked if I could make more of the Blue Potato Salad, but the jazzed up version I turned it into Friday. Salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 4/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds good, Ka...)
Daphne, I love adding a little spicy smokiness to chili, too, but this one really doesn't need it. I'm going to have to try those potatoes!