Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making an old catering favorite - Chicken Carinci, haven't made it in years. with couscous or rice.

--------
Shoot, I'd better thaw some more chicken out - just ran across a pictures of l/o chix Carinci pizza......
[Image: Oct.%2025%20Carinci%20PIzza_zpsrmif21ki.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That does look good.

We are having Shrimp Scampi Rissotto with Roasted Asparagus.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (That does look good....)
I'll have to look that up Jean - never heard of it.

I'm making the chicken & mandarin orange salad in Issue 111. I may sub wonton crisps for the chow mein noodles since I already have those on hand.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by Trixxee (I'll have to look th...)
Old school hot dogs and onion rings, I think.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by losblanos1 (Old school hot dogs ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
I'm with Daphne. I'll have to look that up too Jean. It looks delicious!

Tonight we're having the Steakhouse Mushroom Burgers. I'll serve them with a spinach salad.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by karyn (I'm with Daphne. I'l...)
Just made a batch and it is very tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by cjs (Just made a batch an...)
Jean, I'm getting no google hits for this recipe?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm getting no...)
Ooops, I was referring to the salad dressing above - wrong day's thread.

chicken Carinci - Daphne, it's on page 88 of Chef's Journey...Home.

Those who don't have the book................ here's the recipe.
CHICKEN CARINCI

6 chicken breasts halves or thighs
--------
2 T. Olive Oil -- divided
2 large garlic cloves -- minced
3 T. capers -- drained, coarsely chopped
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup dry white wine or Noilly Pratt Vermouth
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Combine garlic, capers and brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, combine white wine, balsamic vinegar and 1 T. olive; set aside.

Set oven to 375°.
If brined, remove chicken from brine, rinse well and pat dry.

Spray a 9X12" baking dish with cooking spray and place chicken so edges are touching in the prepared dish, skin side up.

Rub the chicken with olive oil; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Rub the garlic mixture over the pieces and drizzle with the wine mixture.

Place chicken in the preheated oven, UNCOVERED, and bake until done (internal temperature will be160-165°), basting with juice from dish twice during the baking time.
Remove chicken from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Remove the chicken to a serving platter and drizzle some of the sauce over and around - pass the rest of the sauce separately.

Description:
"This was one of the first recipes I developed for a customer while I was catering and she was as happy with the result as I was. It's become a family favorite."
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/13/16?? by cjs (Ooops, I was referri...)
Jean, that's too funny! At first, I thought that was what you were referring to, but then I decided I was wrong. I'm glad you cleared that up.

Glad you like the dressing! William is crazy! He had a Famous Italian for lunch today. (Creature of habit that he is.). Anyway, I don't know if he was lying to spare my feelings, but he said my dressing was better. I think they may add a little sugar to theirs? I'll have to pay closer attention next time I order one.

And thanks for the recipe. You know you had me at capers! And I just happen to have all the ingredients for this. What did you serve with it. I'm thinking rice?
Daphne