O.T. - Our MS Daphne!
  Re: (...)
Just wanted to tell you, Daphne, how fun it is to have you retired!! I remember the fun we all had each summer as you settled into being a 'little Miss Homemaker' for a couple of months. And, now we have you all the time!

(Hurry up Karyn & Barbara!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by cjs (Just wanted to tell ...)
Thanks, Jean! It feels great! I'm finally getting my cooking passion back! FINALLY!!!

Hurry up you two!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean! It fe...)
I am waiting to hear that she has started that little cottage industry like Labs. I am thinking that would be right up her alley . . . or shore . . . or woods, I am never sure exactly where she is!
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by iBcookin (I am waiting to hear...)
That would be lake shore, Linda. Although, we do have a cabin in the woods, and we live close enough to the ocean, that we can claim that as home, also. As a matter of fact, my mother lives in a little town called Southport, and William's business is there. My kids call it home, because that's where they grew up for the most part. All the ships enter the Cape Fear River from the ocean at Southport before heading up the river to the State Port in Wilmington. Our Military Port that supplies our troops is also located just up river of Southport. The activity on the waterfront is fascinating. Anyway, you were right on on all three counts. LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by Gourmet_Mom (That would be lake s...)
Yeah, it seemed like forever, since you had so looked forward to it only to have to wait another year, etc. So glad it's finally done.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by labradors (Yeah, it seemed like...)
Don't I know! Top that off with playing nurse during my first year, retirement only truly started this past January! Like you said.....etc.
Daphne
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by Gourmet_Mom (Don't I know! Top t...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Thanks Daphne for what you posted for Linda - you just made your place come alive for me. I just asked Roy if he thinks we have one more 'big' trip in us. Like going straight south to 10 and across to the east coast and up a ways....at least as far as Maryann & Lorraine. We're thinking this is doable.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by cjs (Thanks Daphne for wh...)
Awwww, how sweet of you to say, Susan. And may I say how exciting it is to have you here regularly! I'll have to tell you, I lost my passion for several years. I was on here, but usually only posted my sad little simple dinners. It feels good to be playing with more interesting dinners.

Jean, that would be GREAT! I must say, I was anxious about you having to cook in my dis functional kitchen. But you know things work out how they were meant to be. Because you guys headed home earlier than planned, you missed out on being turned away due to William's condition last year. I would have been heartbroken. Since you didn't make it this way, you now have an excuse to come back this way! And hopefully, I'll have replaced all my appliances by then! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: O.T. - Our MS Daphne! by cjs (Thanks Daphne for wh...)
Quote:

Thanks Daphne for what you posted for Linda - you just made your place come alive for me. I just asked Roy if he thinks we have one more 'big' trip in us. Like going straight south to 10 and across to the east coast and up a ways....at least as far as Maryann & Lorraine. We're thinking this is doable.

OMG, that would be wonderful, Jean!!! Oh, what fun! I don't know that we would be doing all that much cooking though. There are just too many fun things to do here! First up, the West Side Market, maybe the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, and Michael Symon is opening another new restaurant. That's just for starters.

But, I promise to have meals all prepped for when you arrive!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."