REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken
  Re: (...)
Honest to God, I am not hawking my Leftovers book, but chicken is one of our favorite summer proteins, so I'm always on the lookout for what to do with l/os.

Just looked thru the chicken section of "I Have LEFTOVERS...." and looking at this page, now I'm thinking I don't have enough l/o for all I'd like to make again.

Just thought I'd share this page with you all - hopefully some new ideas for everyone.

a Chef’s Journey ideas for leftover chicken:

• Pizza topping along with BBQ sauce, scallions, jalapenos and cheddar cheese.
• Chicken salad: mix with mayonnaise, sprinkle of tarragon, chopped celery, salt and pepper ~ a little leftover bacon never hurts either.
• Sauté a couple mushrooms and onions until onions are crisp-tender; stir in sour cream, BBQ sauce and chopped chicken. Cook over very low heat until heated through. Serve over noodles, rice, quinoa, couscous….
• Mix chicken pieces with green onions and use for omelet filling.
• Add to potato salad or substitute for ground beef in lasagna or tacos.
• Add a little pesto to Alfredo sauce and heat with chicken cubes and serve over bow tie pasta.
• Add along with leftover rice to a can of vegetable, cream of chicken or cream of tomato soup.
• Twice baked potato: Mix with the potato, chicken, green onions, and bacon bits and return to potato skins; top with grated cheese and bake until heated through.
• Prepare a package of white sauce mix; add chicken and mixed vegetables for a pot pie and top with seasoned bread cubes.
• Chicken & Rice Wraps: Combine chicken, cooked rice, chopped radishes for crunch and spoon into a tortilla and top with cheese and lettuce; roll up.
• Chicken & Caesar salad: Chicken cubes, lettuce, croutons and grated Parmesan cheese tossed with Caesar salad dressing. Grapes would be a nice addition, also.
• Mix diced chicken with a batch of sweet and sour sauce and serve over cooked rice; top with green onion slices.
• Brush slices of chicken or turkey with jalapeno jelly and a splash of lime juice; bake, covered, until heated through.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by cjs (Honest to God, I am ...)
Seeing you've got my typical go to ideas: stir fry, salad, creamy pesto pasta, tacos, and pot pies; I'll have to think about this one. If I think of anything to add, I'll let you know. Otherwise, thanks for the new ideas.

Wait, what about the buffalo chicken sandwiches?!?!

And add chicken to a BLT to make a club type sandwich?

I'll keep thinking.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Seeing you've got my...)
C@H has a great recipe for club sandwich quesadillas that uses leftover sliced chicken. I need to make that again, so good.
  Re: Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by Trixxee ([url=mailto:C@H]C@H[...)
Well, if we're adding to my list, I can delete the "REALLY O.T." I guess.

I was just patting myself on the back for doing a good job.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by cjs (Well, if we're addin...)
Goodness! I read the second sentence wrong! I read it as if you didn't have enough ideas! Sorry!

Didn't mean to step on your toes, Jean. It is a spectacular list!
Daphne
  Re: Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by Gourmet_Mom (Goodness! I read th...)
My toes will grow back....no problem at all, you know that!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by cjs (My toes will grow ba...)
Daphne
  Re: REALLY O.T. - Leftover Chicken by cjs (Honest to God, I am ...)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura