Creamed Spinach Sauce
  Re: (...)
I'm doing the Steakhouse Mushroom Burgers tomorrow, and I want to prep as much as possible early in the day. I was wondering if the sauce could be made ahead and then warmed at service? I feel like it can, but I wanted to check.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Creamed Spinach Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing the Steakh...)
Well, we had it last night and I made the sauce and formed the burgers then the neighbors invited us over for cocktails. I left the sauce on the stove, stuck the burgers in the fridge and we went. We grilled the burgers and bread and reheated the sauce and it was yummy. No problem to do it ahead!
  Re: Re: Creamed Spinach Sauce by karyn (Well, we had it last...)
Thanks, Karyn! I knew you and Blane had made it, so I was hoping one of you would chime in. This will make dinner tomorrow night really easy. I want to have a spinach salad to go with this. I wish I'd gotten more fresh spinach from our church friend Sunday!

She has dozens of blueberry bushes bordering her yard. When William and I went to get our bucket of berries for the first time a few years ago, she shared her beloved pineapple plants. William showed a great interest in them.

A few weeks ago, she told him she had potted one for him. When we went to pick it up, she invited me to gather as much spinach from her beautiful spinach plants. I didn't want to be greedy and I didn't have this meal planned yet. I could have gotten much more than I got. Regretting that now!

Anyway, William is really excited about his pineapple plant. She said there is a possibility it will grow a pineapple this year, but definitely next year.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Creamed Spinach Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Karyn! I kn...)
Wish I knew her secret. I've tried I don't know how many times over the years to grow a pineapple....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Creamed Spinach Sauce by cjs (Wish I knew her secr...)
Who knows! But she has about six or eight mature plants that produce pineapples every year. Let's hope we can raise her baby plant and have our own pineapples soon! It's so cute where it's sitting, but next week when temps hopefully level out, we will repot it into a larger planter she provided. Fingers crossed we keep it alive. Fruit will be a bonus this year.

[Image: image_32.jpg]
Daphne
  Re: Re: Creamed Spinach Sauce by Gourmet_Mom (Who knows! But she ...)
Love it! Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com