Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

??? no idea here yet. I do have some chicken left, maybe sandwiches....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having the Grilled Cilantro Fish in Coconut Broth with the Thai Mango Salad for dinner. William loved this dinner last spring, but that was when he was heavily medicated. I'm interested in how he likes it now. The ingredients are very different from what he would normally go for.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We are having the Gr...)
I will probably be making a pot of chicken noodle soup for Ron. Unfortunately he picked up a nasty cold toward the end of our vacation that has gotten worse.

But, on the upside, this will give me some time to menu plan, which was working out really well.

FYI, the new issue is available online but I have not looked at it yet.

Happy Saturday, everyone.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by Mare749 (I will probably be m...)
It is? Have to go look................... right after I grab a cup of coffee and look at someone's vacation cruise pictures.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We are having the Gr...)
Hopefully William will love it even more off the meds. It sure sounds good, Cuisine at Home?

Carylann is making a new recipe for dinner.

http://therecipecritic.com/2016/03/crisp...lic-pasta/
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by losblanos1 (Hopefully William wi...)
Poor Ron! I hope he feels better soon! But getting the chance to menu plan is good. I flipped through the new issue, yesterday, but I want to go back through to see what I want to make.

Looks good, Blane. Kinda like a creamy piccata. Hopefully William will still like it. The first time, he claimed it had healing properties that counteracted his heavy meds.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Ron! I hope he...)
That looks great, Blane.

I did a little number on my lower back yesterday in a New York second so I'm looking for easy. Trying this.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/di...pasta.html
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by Trixxee (That looks great, Bl...)
Oh dear, Trixxee! I know how you feel! I hope it doesn't put you down for long!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh dear, Trixxee! I...)
Take it easy, Trixxee - along with the heating pad and a glass of wine!! And, get a bell to ring for your guys.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/16/16?? by cjs (Take it easy, Trixxe...)
Blane and Trixxee, both of those dinner look delicious! I'd love to hear what you think of them.

We're having Muffaletta Stromboli tonight. I head out early tomorrow morning for the annual trip to Williamsburg and Washington DC with our seventh graders. We're flying back to Atlanta from DC and John is meeting me at the airport to fly to Pittsburgh to visit his mom. I may be out of touch for the next tend days or so. I'll be checking in when I can, but not a lot of cooking for me.

When we return, I'll be on spring break, FINALLY! I am so ready.