More Charcuter Plates
  Re: (...)
Dinner today – charcuterie Plate: an empty B&B brine jar marinated eggs, last year’s carrots (which were still looking healthy) roasted red peppers & onion for a couple weeks. Added to the mix was grilled brat slices on toasted bread rounds topped with our monthly cheese offering Red Dragon (igourmet.com) and the other usual suspects to crime and charcuterie. Must say it was delicious. Now I have to empty another B&B jar and start some more goodies marinating – must add some jalapenos this time, tho. P.S. if you like pickled eggs, you would love these!!

[Image: Apr%2016%20charcuterie%20plate%203_zpszdxpfu40.jpg]

P.S. And great with Black box Shiraz.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: More Charcuter Plates by cjs (Dinner today – charc...)
Very pretty, Jean! I need to start doing this for Sunday lunch. William would like that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by Gourmet_Mom (Very pretty, Jean! ...)
That looks wonderful, Jean! I'm confused, however...I thought you said you didn't like pickled eggs. Those eggs look like they're a gorgeous yellow color and I, for one, would love them!
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by karyn (That looks wonderful...)
Karyn, that was probably me you're thinking of regarding the eggs.

Jean, I just showed the picture to William and he was most impressed.
Daphne
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, that was prob...)
Quote:

Karyn, that was probably me you're thinking of regarding the eggs.

Very possibly...
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yes, I like eggs any which way.

I would think this type of lunch/ light dinner would be perfect for after church, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by cjs (Yes, I like eggs any...)
It will probably become a routine starting next Sunday. He's excited! He also wants me to pickle him some eggs. Soooooo.....
Daphne
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by Gourmet_Mom (It will probably bec...)
I'll tell you it will be a cold day in hell before I discard ANY pickle brine again!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by cjs (I'll tell you it wil...)
Jean, I love this idea and will be saving all brine from now on.

Karyn, I'm the one who isn't crazy about pickled eggs. I have eaten them, but I'm just not nuts about them the way Ron is. Jean gave me a recipe one time that called for tarragon vinegar, (I think?) and I did like those.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: More Charcuter Plates by Mare749 (Jean, I love this id...)
So, Jean, you just put the boiled eggs in a jar of your favorite pickle brine? That's it? How long?
Daphne