I Need Help.
  Re: (...)
A friend of mine has Crohn's Disease. From what I understand a bland diet is required. Can any of you recommend a bland diet cookbook or have any recipes? Thanks.
  Re: I Need Help. by Backhertz (A friend of mine has...)
Explore the mild spices! Marjoram and Savory, Basil and Parsly make great combinations over many foods. Cross the traditional lines of thinking for flavor. Beef in chicken broth and chicken in beef broth. As I understand it, Crohn's does not allow any foods that don't digest well (corn, nuts, or spicy/acidic foods). Aeromatic veggies can season the pan or the food without being part of the meal itself. Wrap chicken tenders in onion quarters with savory and grill. Remove the onion and serve. Sorry I don't know any books, but your friend will need to take a completely new approch to cooking for flavor.
I hope I helped, and I wish your friend the best of luck!
H65
  Re: Re: I Need Help. by Highlander65 (Explore the mild spi...)
I am very sorry for your friend...Crohn's is a terrible disease. I have Ulcerative Colitis, which is very similar to Crohn's. There is no specific diet for people with IBD (although a low-fiber diet is recommended)...but certain foods can affect certain people. I had trouble with red meat at one time. Unless spicy/not bland food is bothersome to your friend, he/she should be able to eat whatever he/she wants. For more information (and a few recipes!) check out: http://www.ccfa.org/info/diet?LMI=3.2
Tammy
  Re: Re: I Need Help. by TwilightKitten (I am very sorry for ...)
Wonderful info there, Tammy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Need Help. by cjs (Wonderful info there...)
Thanks everybody.