Grilled Chicken Anchovy
  Re: (...)
Today's Spring Clean Project involves cleaning out cookbooks. For some reason, my mother got the idea I needed to expand my already ridiculous collection. So when she would check in at her favorite consignment shop, she would pick out a bunch of interesting looking books. They were starting to take over the house, so I had to ask her to stop.

But now, some have got to go!

Anyway, so far, this was an interesting dish I really want to try. It's basically an anchovy butter smeared on chicken and grilled in foil, then removed for the last five minutes. There is a tad of horseradish in the butter to give it a little zip.

Couldn't resist sharing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Grilled Chicken Anchovy by Gourmet_Mom (Today's Spring Clean...)
Hmmm, need to think on this one - sounds good.

Good luck culling the books - this is the hardest part of downsizing for me and I'm really not doing a very good job of it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken Anchovy by cjs (Hmmm, need to think ...)
Jean, these were pretty easy. First, they came from a thrift store and I didn't pick them out. And there was no sentimental value for any of them. I would never get rid of the ones from my mother, mother-in-law, or grandmothers (his and mine). I even have one from a great great grandmother with notes in the cover and blank pages that dates back to the turn of the century.

Anyway, it became pretty easy to cull them after the first 20 or so. I quickly discovered i could flip through to see if something caught my eye. Those I looked closer to decide if I wanted to keep them. There were also a few I kept because of examples of beautiful plating, decorative tables and serving ideas, etc. One of those was Lee Bailey's Southern Food and Plantation Homes which was filled with numerous dinner parties set at plantations in Natchez, Mississippi. Stunning!

Whew! Now to figure out what to do with them! Ashley thinks I should take them to a consignment shop in Wilmington. We'll see.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken Anchovy by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, these were pre...)
Daphne, I have trouble getting rid of an Ortega 5 page recipe book.

Lee Bailey as in F. Lee Bailey?? I sure didn't remember he had been disbarred in later years until I watched the O.J. debacle a couple weeks ago.

Speaking of which! We're going to watch Get Shorty again tonight!!!

And, taped to watch is the 'Confirmation' about the Anita Hill fu------ng ridiculous mess... hope this does not start a war of words.

O.K., back to food!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Chicken Anchovy by cjs (Daphne, I have troub...)
No this one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/17/nyregi...dead-at-76.html

This is the book. I think it got a James Beard award?

http://www.amazon.com/Baileys-Southern-F...051757280X
Daphne