Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Tuesday's Motley crew is getting together again tonight for a movie night and 'beverages' are my assignment along with an easy chile, egg, cheese thang.

I'm taking - are you ready for this?
Paradise Punch
1/2 cup each: blanco tequila, vodka, light rum and gin
2 cups each: cranberry and pineapple juices

These ought to light us up!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh my! Looks dangerous to me! LOL! But it ought to be a fun evening!

I have errands to run this afternoon, so I pulled out some Chicken Piccata out of the freezer. I've decided I prefer it with orzo these days. Salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my! Looks danger...)
Susan, do you have an instant read thermometer?? (and if not, why not!! ) That sounds like too long to me also for the patties, but with the temperature probe, stick it in (horizontally) and pull them at 160°-165°. Safest way to do it.

[Image: untitled_zpse5vda88u.png]

I have three - one with my grill, one in the kitchen and one leftover from my catering days. You need one!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by cjs (Susan, do you have a...)
Still undecided about dinner but I would like to make these muffins today if I have time. Made them once before and they were really good.

http://noblepig.com/2009/05/in-abundance/
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by Trixxee (Still undecided abou...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
yes, a long time. touch is good, but especially when cooking for others, to be safe temping your protein protects everyone.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by cjs (yes, a long time. to...)
That is an awesome recipe Susan, I've even made it with chicken breasts (which I prefer).

Those muffins look really good Trixxee.

Today it's the coconut marinated chicken skewers with pineapple rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by cjs (yes, a long time. to...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Oh no, you should go with what you prefer, that's for sure. I just thought you were a little concerned and consider I go a little overboard with safety...my background. All is good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? by cjs (Oh no, you should go...)
Jean, this will probably sound like nails on a chalkboard to you, but I started using a thermometer only a few years ago and that was only so that I could test my bread.

Speaking of grilling, Ron got a taste for hotdogs, so went to the meat store to buy the good kind that he likes, and I made Bud's Beans to go with. He finally got his appetite back, so he will be a happy camper.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."