Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

I pre-cooked ribs, 'Rubbed & Glazed BBQ Ribs' from #4 Grilling book which we'll have today along with the side recommended - 'Chipotle-Honey Sweet Potatoes'

It might sprinkle today but nothing that will stop the grilling, I don't think. Blane, have we had beautiful weather or not!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Vicci mentioned a pepper lasagna last week which reminded me of one I started making years ago. After William came home from his weeks of radiation therapy, he had modified his eating and exercise. So I decided to carry the modifications on at home. I started searching the web for every "diet" website I could find. When I found this reduced calorie lasagna, even the kids loved it.

Even though the weather should encourage grilling, I have the advantage of assembling this early today. Then I can stick it in the oven when William gets home, and we can go out on the deck and relax for a while.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci mentioned a pe...)
Jean, the weather has been amazing. Record setting!

I should be grilling also, but we're having Fish taco burgers with chipotle-lime mayonnaise and French fries.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by losblanos1 (Jean, the weather ha...)
Chicken & apple sausage boats (though I always serve the eggs on the side rather than on top) and melon or grapefruit. I might make hashbrowns as well.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by Trixxee (Chicken & apple saus...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Well, I am just going to do a crock pot thing today. Country pork ribs, cream of chicken soup and a packet of ranch dressing mix. The gravy is really good. We serve it over rice.

This is sort of the recipe. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/151616/crea...-and-rice/
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by luvnit (Well, I am just goin...)
I've got to get busy making my lasagna, but I had to come on to share! The other day, my project was to weed out cookbooks. I set aside a couple things to look at later. One was my old notebook from when I printed out menu plans. What a trip down memory lane that was!

Another was three booklets of "How to Cook....." Published from the test kitchens of the U.S. Dept. of Interior Bureau of Commercial Fisheries. One each for shrimp, oysters and scallops. The original issue date was 1952! Most were pretty standard recipes, but a couple were really WEIRD! Scallop Aspic Canapé and Scallop Rarebit....Really?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got to get busy...)
uhhhhhhh - weren't we inventive in the 50s???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by cjs (uhhhhhhh - weren't w...)
Ha Ha! There was even ketchup in the rarebit!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/20/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Ha Ha! There was ev...)
"'Rubbed & Glazed BBQ Ribs' from #4 Grilling book which we'll have today along with the side recommended - 'Chipotle-Honey Sweet Potatoes' "

Very good flavors in this dish. Daphne, you'd probably like the BBQ sauce - it's vinegary, isn't that what you like?
www.achefsjourney.com