T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16??
  Re: (...)
Sorry, almost forgot this thread this a.m. What's on the menu for everyone today????

I'm making the Baked Sweet Hawaiian Chicken Blane made a while back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by cjs (Sorry, almost forgot...)
And I'm making the Beef Fried Rice you made a while ago.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (And I'm making the B...)
I have a ripe mango and a ripe avocado, so tonight we will have a chicken curry.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by foodfiend (I have a ripe mango ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
We are taking my in-laws out for dinner tonight, but we have not decided where to take them just yet. When I was with my mother-in-law on Wednesday, she told me that she misses going out for dinner. So, we have to pick someplace that doesn't have a huge menu because that becomes overwhelming. So, the least complicated option is pizza and salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
We are making a chefs salad with leftover lunchmeats, ham, salami, buffalo chicken, romaine, tomatoes, calamato olives, onion, cucumbers, radishes, and blu cheese dressing with blu cheese crumbles. We will watch Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five O while we eat. I will have Shirah and Jane Sauvignon Blanc.

Gumbo for Saturday lunch from the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
Worthy cause but it makes lunch expensive
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by Old Bay (We are making a chef...)
Hi Bill! Dinner sounds great! I'm doing a similar repurpose of some of your same proteins tomorrow. pizza! Which reminds me, I need to go make my dough! I also like your entertainment choice!

Good luck, Maryann. I know this isn't going to be easy. You are so great to do this for her.

Susan, I can't wait to see how your wings turn out tomorrow! I make have to break out the fryer and give them a try if they're good. And then I'll feel encouraged to explore the rest of the site.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Bill! Dinner sou...)
Yes, I am interested in Susan's wings too! The Bistecca is one of our faves. Yum!

Still trying to figure out what to have tonight. I might go to Trader Joe's and just find something. I'm in the mood for raw oysters and champagne!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by luvnit (Yes, I am interested...)
I think we're going to get a pizza (or 2) from this new place around the corner. These type of do it yourself pizza places are popping up all over the place.

Will get it to go as no beer and wine license yet and I think it's kind of a high school hang out as it's right across from the school.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-project-orange
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/22/16?? by luvnit (Yes, I am interested...)
GO WITH IT LAURA!!! AND, it's good to see you in the neighborhood again, too!!! We miss our fiends. (ooops that darn finger went wild again......'friends'

Another day where everything sounds so good. But, this will be the last of 'new' dishes for us for a while - fridge freezer is full of dibs and dabs and the big freezer.....almost packed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com